Pontoon Livewell Bilge Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEARCATJER

Cadet
I hope this is the right place to post this question.If not i apologize.
My pontoon has a bilge pump for the live well which is housed in an aluminum frame on the back of the boat below the water line.Im not very experienced with boats so maybe that is standard for all toons with livewells. The pump recently came out of the aluminum frame and i found that the reason is that one part of a plastic bracket it sat is in broken. It is an Attwood v750 pump.
I am wondering if i can buy that bracket separately, or if i will have to buy a new pump to get the bracket. Since this pump is about 8 years old, im not sure if it is still available and I also dont know if you need a certain type of pump for this particular use...pumping water to the livewell. Are there other brands of bilge pumps which are equally good. My boat repairman told me i could just use cable ties to contain the pump in the aluminum housing instead of replacing the bracket if i cant buy the bracket separately. If you know where i could try to get the bracket from, please advise and THANKS VERY MUCH!!:)

Zeeter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Pontoon Livewell Bilge Pump

Yea you can zip tie the pump down.
You can use any bilge pump as long as the rating is the same. 500 GPH, etc.
Look in this site for a bracket.

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Pontoon Livewell Bilge Pump

I wouldn't buy a bracket for an eight-year old pump. I would zip tie the pump.

Vince773

Recruit
I have the same pump but it froze on me. I replaced it with a Johnson 750 gah proline but I can not get water to the live well. Attwood 750 served me well for over 10 years. Any ideas for a good replacement for Atwood v750?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have the same pump but it froze on me. I replaced it with a Johnson 750 gah proline but I can not get water to the live well. Attwood 750 served me well for over 10 years. Any ideas for a good replacement for Atwood v750?

Vince - This thread is over 9 years old. You will get better results by starting a new thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.