lifting strakes

gecko454

Cadet
Re: lifting strakes

I think I will give Landau a call and see what the cost of 3 new tubes with strakes would run. I would think they would have to sell them....what if I damaged the ones I have, you would think they would be able to be replaced.

If the estimate of $1500 a tube Is correct I would do it in a heartbeat, even if I never sold my old ones I think the trade off would be worth it compared to buying a new boat. New boat 40-50k, my boat with 5k in tubes and another 5k to upgrade motor (assuming I get book for my old one) would put my boat at 30k (even less if I get any money out of my old tubes which are in perfect condition) even if I scape them out there's alot of money in just the aluminum.

I think the difference would be alot more than a few mph. Right now with a 115 the boat cruises at 20mph and tops out 27mph. With a 250 and lifting strakes I would guess it would cruise around 30 and top out around 40. This is based on similiar sized boat with strakes and 250hp motors like playcraft etc... I think I might be on the conservative side with those number also.

The boat is already rated at 150hp without lifting strakes and 250hp with lifting strakes so thats not an issue.