E-Z Slides

Bennettc

Seaman
Has anybody tried E-Z Slides on a pontoon trailer? The reviews on Cabela's seem pretty positive, but none of them refer to use on a pontoon.

rrhodes

Chief Petty Officer
Re: E-Z Slides

I haven't tried them myself but know many that have and swear by them.

livebait

Seaman Apprentice

I too am interested in hearing from someone with a Pontoon Bunk trailer that has installed them. Fore over a year I have had a set in my garage just waiting for me to install them. Seamed like a good idea when I ordered them but I can imagine all sorts of things going wrong after they are installed.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Ya , I was gonna put something up on this and waited, the ones Gary put up are the correct ones for a toon.

With the pads I would worry about denting the tubes, with the other ones they are full length and cross a couple bulk heads adn shouldn't dent the tubes at all.

Bennettc

Seaman

The solid bunk ones seem like quite a lot of money to cover all four bunks on the trailer. Do you really think I would get dents if I space out the pads evenly?

5150abf

Vice Admiral

They wouldn't be big but yes, the aluminum between the bulk heads is fairly thin and can't support the weight of the boat by itself in a small area like that.

The pads you were looking at are pretty thin so it can't be that bad but it may dent them alittle.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i just installed a wrap around set, the completely coveredd the 2x4 bunk (also have 2x6). it is a completely different world, was able to idle all the way to the bow stop. i do not know the brand, as it was a close out at my discount store. it is a U shaped design,

VaGent

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just bought a new Road King trailer & after the dealer demonstrated the bunk glides (2X6) for me prior to buying , I told him if they weren't on the trailer when it came if I was not buying it. lol Those things are slick as grease.

When he demo'd them for me he backed the pontoon trailer into the water & asked me to get in the boat. Told me to not start the engine until he got aboard. He cranked the winch down so the toon would slide & it slid down the bunks like they were on ice & into the water. And the toon loaded on the trailer just like Tashasdaddy stated. Those things are worth every dime you spend on them. They are standard equipment on Road King Trailers & come either 2X4 or 2X6. My trailer should be next week. I hope.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I saw a trailer at work that had what TD is talking about, I will double check but I think they are from Ice technologies, they looked pretty slick so to speak, they were flat with groves in them so no chance of denting.

I will double check the name today.

Bennettc

Seaman

Here is the response I got from the E-Z Slide company:

We have quite a few pontoon boat customers for which the EZ Slides seem to
work very well. We have not yet (in 12 years) had a complaint about the
slides denting the pontoons. You will want to be sure that the space them
12" to 18" apart as directed, closer to 12" if you have a heavier boat.

You will find your boat to slide easily on and off the trailer with the
pads.

Thanks for your inquiry.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

not the same but the same principle, works super.

Billdc

Petty Officer 1st Class

has anybody used the long glides on a heavier ( 4K lb) bowrider? I read somewhere here about the short section glides causing a warp in the fiberglass hull, but I would think that the full contact wouldn't be any different than regular carpeting. I'm just concerned that they would not stay in place with the extra weight while loading and unloading.

VaGent

Petty Officer 1st Class

These are the exact ones I have on my new pontoon trailer. They are GREAT in my opinon. If you get them be careful NOT to unhook your boat BEFORE its in the water or else the pontoon can very easily slide off depending on the slope of the ramps. They came as standard eqiupment on my new Road King tandem axle pontoon trailer & are 2X6s.