Sun Tracker wiring diagram

Jeep Man

Commander
I have an '08 Party Barge 20 Regency that meet with an accident over the winter. I purchased it with all the gauges, switches etc. removed from the helm (helm damaged beyond repair). I have the replacement arriving next week from Sun Tracker but they cannot, or will not supply a wiring diagram. Does anyone have one they can email or display?

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Sun Tracker wiring diagram

the reason they can't get you a diagram is because they don't have one.

With a car they will make 200,000-300,000 models of that car so you can make a manual and diagrams ect but your boat may have only had 50-100 built so it just isn't cost effective to make a diagram and manual like a car.

I work for a pontoon maker and we might have an engineering drawing of a wire harness but not any diagrams, the comapny that does the harnesses for us will come in and see what we need then go make it, there really isn't any record other than what they take back to there plant.

Your best bet would be to find one at a dealer and cheat off that one but it is going to be a real pain either way.

topwaterlure

Cadet

the reason they can't get you a diagram is because they don't have one.

With a car they will make 200,000-300,000 models of that car so you can make a manual and diagrams ect but your boat may have only had 50-100 built so it just isn't cost effective to make a diagram and manual like a car.

I work for a pontoon maker and we might have an engineering drawing of a wire harness but not any diagrams, the comapny that does the harnesses for us will come in and see what we need then go make it, there really isn't any record other than what they take back to there plant.

Your best bet would be to find one at a dealer and cheat off that one but it is going to be a real pain either way.

While this maybe true for a used boat it would not be hard at all to supply one with a new boat. How long would it really take to generate one? My fuse panel doesn't even have listing for what each one goes to. How long would it take to have a template under the cover?

It would just be a nice little extra touch :)

Jeep Man

Commander

It was a year ago. I've got one since then.

Jeep Man

Commander

Could you share where and how you got one?

I treated the parts mgr. at the dealer well, and didn't give him a hard time when some of my parts were late to arrive. (This is out of character for me.) He has the diagrams in his service file on his computer and it is for authorized dealer use only. He printed of the pages I needed.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The engine wiring harness (engine to control box) is in the service manual for your particular engine. Manufacturers manual is the best. Temp sensor, trim, tach, etc are in that harness. Fuel, volts, lights are powered from the boat harness. That wiring is very generic and there are a couple diagrams shown in the "stickies" in the "Electrical" forum.