• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • **** The forums will be undergoing maintenance tonight approximately 10pm-midnight MDT. Thank you for your patience during this time. ****

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sun Tracker wiring diagram

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun Tracker wiring diagram

I have an '08 Party Barge 20 Regency that meet with an accident over the winter. I purchased it with all the gauges, switches etc. removed from the helm (helm damaged beyond repair). I have the replacement arriving next week from Sun Tracker but they cannot, or will not supply a wiring diagram. Does anyone have one they can email or display?
    Ray

Never take instruction from a guy with missing fingers.

Re: Sun Tracker wiring diagram

the reason they can't get you a diagram is because they don't have one.

With a car they will make 200,000-300,000 models of that car so you can make a manual and diagrams ect but your boat may have only had 50-100 built so it just isn't cost effective to make a diagram and manual like a car.

I work for a pontoon maker and we might have an engineering drawing of a wire harness but not any diagrams, the comapny that does the harnesses for us will come in and see what we need then go make it, there really isn't any record other than what they take back to there plant.

Your best bet would be to find one at a dealer and cheat off that one but it is going to be a real pain either way.
    GO IRISH!!!!

Comment

there are several diagrams at the top here. http://forums.iboats.com/forumdispla...sprune=-1&f=23
      FLORIDA GATORS
      TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
      That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150abf View Post
        the reason they can't get you a diagram is because they don't have one.

With a car they will make 200,000-300,000 models of that car so you can make a manual and diagrams ect but your boat may have only had 50-100 built so it just isn't cost effective to make a diagram and manual like a car.

I work for a pontoon maker and we might have an engineering drawing of a wire harness but not any diagrams, the comapny that does the harnesses for us will come in and see what we need then go make it, there really isn't any record other than what they take back to there plant.

Your best bet would be to find one at a dealer and cheat off that one but it is going to be a real pain either way.
        While this maybe true for a used boat it would not be hard at all to supply one with a new boat. How long would it really take to generate one? My fuse panel doesn't even have listing for what each one goes to. How long would it take to have a template under the cover?

It would just be a nice little extra touch

Comment

It was a year ago. I've got one since then.
          Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Man View Post
            It was a year ago. I've got one since then.
            Could you share where and how you got one?

Comment

Originally posted by topwaterlure View Post
              Could you share where and how you got one?
              I treated the parts mgr. at the dealer well, and didn't give him a hard time when some of my parts were late to arrive. (This is out of character for me.) He has the diagrams in his service file on his computer and it is for authorized dealer use only. He printed of the pages I needed.
              Ray

Comment

The engine wiring harness (engine to control box) is in the service manual for your particular engine. Manufacturers manual is the best. Temp sensor, trim, tach, etc are in that harness. Fuel, volts, lights are powered from the boat harness. That wiring is very generic and there are a couple diagrams shown in the "stickies" in the "Electrical" forum.

Comment

Working...
                X