1995 Lowe Pontoon---body damage help needed

carpaediem123

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all, I need some advice. My sister has maaged to crunch up my boat. I called Lowe boats, and they can not order a new panal for a 1995. Anyone got any suggestions on where I can get a new panel or how to get this one fixed? All suggestions and advice welcomed, and NO, I don't know how she did this. She says a tree floated into it at the dock. yeah right!

Attachments

• tree my ass 007 small.JPG
    tree my ass 007 small.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
  • tree my ass 002 small.JPG
    tree my ass 002 small.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 0

Jeep Man

Commander
Re: 1995 Lowe Pontoon---body damage help needed

Finding the same metal with the same profile ( bend pattern ) will be nearly impossible, although it does look similiar to soffit material for houses. You can buy rolls of white aluminium at Home Depot, Lowes, or any building supplier. Cut this to proper height and length and then go to any local sign maker. They can reproduce the decals and apply then if necessary.Cutting out the damaged panel and rivetting on the new one will probably be easier than getting the new one to fit back into the same grooves. Should look like new when your done if you take your time. Good luck

flounderman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I saw that tree in a planter on the dock. Find a place that makes campers or trailers. In Albuquerque there is (was ?) "Trade Work Supply (?)" that sold me the metal for my Lowe and they ran it through their pattern machine. You paint, decals can be made. You will may have to remove all the skin on that section of rail and replace. good luck Jerry

JWRoberts

Seaman Apprentice

The easiest and most inexpensive repair would be to straighten what you can and then cut out the damaged part. Then rivet or glue some coiled aluminum to cover the hole.
Then put a nautical picture decal such as a penguin, palm tree, etc. on the aluminum.

You may also put a piece on the port side to match things up.

dwhite1031

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just curious......that shovel sitting on the dock beside your boat.......wasn't by any chance used in anger toward her after she told you about the tree that "floated into it"? :D Rule of thumb.....get rid of said evidence, said weapon, and as always "no body-no crime".....;)

Hey seriously, this might be an opportunity to make a statement with your toon boat. You might simply replace that section with a standard piece of aluminum, formed to match the rest or not, and as previously mentioned, add a decal, personalization graphic, or something. You could add one of the same size identical to the other side of her (just over the existing panel) and have the matching graphics visible from both port and starboard. The "coolness" possibilities are endless here.​

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Try this site great info on repairs and mods.

www.pontoonstuff.com

mods, if this is the wrong way to give info please let me know

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer

So how fast was she going when she hit the floating tree?:eek:

I'm not buying her story