pontoon furniture

Hello,

I am thinking of getting a pontoon but do not have a lot of money. I am thinking that one with no furniture would be the best option. Then the question becomes what to do about seating.

I would like to have something a little nicer than just lawn chairs. The problem is I don't want to spend a lot of money on it.

Any suggestions? Any good places to get used pontoon furniture? I live in northeastern Indiana. Any other suggestions besides lawn chairs?

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: pontoon furniture

North eastern Indiana you say, anywhere near New Paris?

You may be able to call Veada and see if they sell seconds, they make furniture for quite a few boat companies in the area, I believe they have a web site too.

There is also a boat salvage in Syracuse, can't recall the name but will try to get it next time I get through there, maybe look in the yellow pages.

The problem here is next to the motor, furniture is the most expensive part of a toon so even salvage it is pretty salty.

I have seen people with adorondack(sp) chairs that looked pretty comfy.

Start looking, you never know, you may find a decent boat that you don't have to mess with much but I think you are gonna spend the money one way or another.

Good luck.