• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pontoon helm

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontoon helm

Is there anything that would make a great helm for a pontoon boat? I might want to replace mine at some point and don't really want to pay for one. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

Clayton

Re: Pontoon helm

Are you talking about the console?

Comment

Great things for free are pretty rare, I suppose if you are really handy you could make something but it would have to be pretty sturdy.

I would poke around at a boat salvage yard and maybe try to get something cheap but to be free you would have to build it yourself so it depends on your skills in that area.
      GO IRISH!!!!

Comment

plywood box. center or side console? i am considering building a new one. i have center donsole. big bulky, no storage. i'm thinking of a live well in the bottom of it, with a door on the front to access well. you do not need a lot of room to get steering and electrical thru the deck. i like a minimalist boat.
        FLORIDA GATORS
        TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
        That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

Maybe the local preacher will give up his pulpit for the cause. He's a minimalist as well. LOL
          Ray

Never take instruction from a guy with missing fingers.

Comment

My console looks like a refugee from a salvage yard, the box is in pretty good shape but the dash is shot. I was considering getting a piece of oak plywood staining and varnishing to make a new dash. Besides I hate the dash layout. Is there anything better available?

Comment

1/4 inch Black Lexan works great. i am in the process of redoing mine.
              FLORIDA GATORS
              TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
              That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

Working...
              X