anchors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anchors

Just wondering, what would be the recommendation for a 24' pontoon that would work best for muddy or rocky bottoms, weight and style of anchor? also, I was wondering about electric anchor hoists. I know Minn Kota sells one, but we have had issues with one on a fishing boat my brother has. I was thinking of just mounting a small electric winch, with a pulley system to run the line over the side. Not looking to use the wire cable, but change out to a woven anchor rope. what are your suggestions?

This might help: webpage.
    I use a fluke anchor on my 24' boat on a lake. The bottom is a little muddy with small rocks. All I can add is that pontoon boats react strongly to the wind due to the large cross-section, so if its windy where you are, get a large enough anchor. And if you want to keep ithe boat in one spot, you'll need two anchors.

Comment

I use fluke anchors also and I am usually on the river. And they will hold most of the time as long as the water is not too fast. I think mine are 16# digger and water spike. And a 30# river style mushroom anchor off the rear to keep the swaying down to a minimum. And a whole lot of rope. I have 100 feet in front and I think I need another 100 but my anchor man don't lime the idea.

Comment

I run a box anchor. I have had many different type of anchors but this one I have found to be far superior.
        2012 Sweetwater Premium 220DL Tritoon - 150 Mercury Optimax
        1997 Crest 22' Pontoon / 1998 Mercury 75hp - SOLD
        1992 24' Riviera Cruiser Pontoon -Made into beer cans
        1990 Bayliner Capri 2250 4.3l Alpha 1 -SOLD
        1988 17' Maxum Bowrider with 85hp Force -SOLD
        York, PA

Comment

Thank you all for your advice! any thoughts on rigging up a winch to lift the anchor instead of a Deck Hand system? I'm sure my kids would rather that than trying to lift a 16+ lb anchor. I've thought about a Deck Hand, but I've used them on smaller boats for a few years and found some shortcomings with them.

Comment

Originally posted by dls322 View Post
            I run a box anchor. I have had many different type of anchors but this one I have found to be far superior.
            The box anchor is the best hold on the shortest line I've ever used.

Comment

Working...
            X