Pontoon Cantilever Hoist Wheel

mr_gecko

Recruit
Looking for where i can purchase a new winch wheel for our Pontoon Hoist. Have a cantilever hoist which is the one that goes between the pontoons with the two long rails. The wheel we currently have is a small one with about a 18-24" neck and would like a 36" wheel or power motor any ideas?

Thanks

mr_gecko

Recruit
no... There is no name or stamp on it which show who manufactured it... Or we would have. We bought it used a while back...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

If you can't find a larger wheel and looks don't concern you, you can make the wheel work as if it's larger,

Get some 1"X1" wood and 2x the number of wheel spokes of U-bolts sized to the spokes. Cut the wood into lengths 6" longer than the spokes or what you want for more leverage and drill 4 holes in each piece to fit the U-bolts. Bolt a piece of wood to each spoke using 2 U-bolts. You now have the equivalent of a 36" or larger wheel with the associated leverage.

You can use pipe instead of wood and put some handlebar grips on the ends to fancy it up.

ahicks

Captain
Pics of the hoist, including a picture of the winch area may yield the manf. for you.

Then again, I suppose any larger wheel, like the ones used on something like a 3500 lb boat lift could be modified to work pretty easily by reusing the original wheel's hub/center section.

mr_gecko

Recruit
Looks like from an old pic there was a label that the lift was a MetalHead lift. Here is a pic of the winch

Attachments

• IMG_1010(1).JPG
    IMG_1010(1).JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
That looks like a toon roost to me. Or b and d manufacturing. Benzonia michigan I believe.