Toon diameters

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Float higher to plane easier I would guess? Dang those are BIG. I think k my toon is like 23 or 24"

ahicks

Captain
In adition to the above, the more flotation you have (larger tubes) the more power (weight) the boat will handle. Downside is they will want to bounce along on top of waves, vs. cutting through them.

Are you talking about inner or outer tubes, or both?

ahicks

Captain
Not sure about that plan. I could see a 27" center between 2 smaller toons, but 3 27" toons sounds like a lot of pontoon in the water from a performance perspective. If coming from a performance perspective, I'd be looking for a lot more data.... AND a ride while loaded as you plan on using it.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
How wide is that boat? If it's 8ft wide there would only be like 7 inches between the toons if it's a tri toon with all 27" toons? That just seems a little strange? And if it's 8.5 foot that's only like 9"s between the toons

Schertzy

Recruit
Anyone out there own a veranda tritoon. I am looking at one with 3 27" toons in a 25 footer with a 250 yamaha 4 stroke. Please let me know if you like yours. I will be using this boat on lake of the ozarks, a very rough lake

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
A 250 is a BIG motor. I guess that's why the need for the 27" toons.

And my math was wrong. That's about 13"s between the toons.

I'm sure that's a $40,000+ pontoon, I'm sure it will perform well, at least I would hope. Will the dealer or seller not let you take it out on the water ? I would be leary of that deal.

2Geezers

Recruit
Gents, I am in a similar but smaller package. I am about to take ownership of a new Avalon Eagle 14/7 CRB with 25" tubes and a 40hp Merc. I have no experience with toon boats. What can I expect in performance. Thanks

Schertzy

Recruit
50mph boat! Yes, I have test driven this boat and like it a lot. I would prefer the digital shift which this boat does not have. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of a downside to the larger 27" toons

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
50mph boat! Yes, I have test driven this boat and like it a lot. I would prefer the digital shift which this boat does not have. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of a downside to the larger 27" toons

There is only positive , that's why they use them. You have to with a motor that size. Now if you had a 25hp on it, it would Bob pretty bad missing all that weight out back.

With that size motor you have to have those size toons and to help it get up on a plane if we're going to call it that. My fish n ski boat only does like 55mph!

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Gents, I am in a similar but smaller package. I am about to take ownership of a new Avalon Eagle 14/7 CRB with 25" tubes and a 40hp Merc. I have no experience with toon boats. What can I expect in performance. Thanks

How long is that boat? As far as speed I would guess it to be about 17 or 18mph with just you in it,

2Geezers

Recruit
Thanks for responding. The boat model is a considered a 14' but the specs indicate 15' tubes.

2Geezers

Recruit
There are no posting I have found for either the 14 or 15' so it will be interesting to see my results. Most are also 23" vs 25".

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
There are no posting I have found for either the 14 or 15' so it will be interesting to see my results. Most are also 23" vs 25".

If it's that small you might go a tad faster but maybe not toons don't really plane and the longer they are the faster they go assuming sa me motor, but lots play into that like weight. Think of swimmers tall ones are faster, and big boats and sailboats. The longer the sailboat the faster