pontoon cover support systems

mreden82

Recruit
I have just redone the pontoon we own. Brand-new plywood floor, carpet and new rails
we have a new cover as well but I was wanting some input on a support system.
The new rails of pontoon at 93?X 17 ??. , I live in the Midwest and we mostly deal with just rain since it is indoors during the winter.
I was thinking about doing 4 bows. However, I?m wondering if a pontoon boat is really too wide for just bows.
I have seen just the cheap support pole that you can stand in the middle of your boat but there is no real solid base. it seems very susceptible to just falling over

I was actually wondering about doing a hybrid type support with the four bows running across the deck and then a black web nylon strap running front to back on top of the bows.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I use 3 support poles that go into the vents built into the cover.

https://www.amazon.com/Vico-Marine-S...2NZC14YEHZ91Q4

This is the cover I sewed up for my pontoon and it shows the vents.
IMG_20140404_143132.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

NYBo

Admiral
Welcome aboard! :welcome:

Mine is the same as Bruce's. Works just fine.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
as long as those poles stretch the cover semi taught they stay in place and don't fall over.

I use to have some I had made they were like old canopy poverty legs that had the foot pedal talk on them that I used in the same manor.

you could also glue something up with pvc pipe like an a frame or make something up as a support pole out of pvc and fittings you can buy at the store

edsjr01

Seaman Apprentice
as long as those poles stretch the cover semi taught they stay in place and don't fall over.

I use to have some I had made they were like old canopy poverty legs that had the foot pedal talk on them that I used in the same manor.

you could also glue something up with pvc pipe like an a frame or make something up as a support pole out of pvc and fittings you can buy at the store

That's what I used with a universal cover that straps down to the trailer, works well for me but I can't leave it on the water and cover it. Nor can I trailer it with the cover