Please help with locating a source for a replacement hinge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanKipp

Cadet
I recently purchased a "new to me" pontoon. It's a 2004 Playbuoy WindJammer. The back deck over the motor is hinged on the left side of the boat. The hinge is bent and I'd like to replace it but through all the searching I've done on the web, I can't even find a picture of this style hinge. It is roughly a foot long by 3 to 4 inches wide. The part that mounts to the cover is flat, but the part that mounts to the boat has a right angle bend so you're attaching it with screws from the top and side.

Can anyone provide a potential source for this hinge? Or at least tell me what it's called? (I. E. Piano hinge or Continuous hinge, etc)

Thanks!

ahicks

Captain
Need a pic to be of any sourcing help at all. Very often a bent hinge can be removed, straightened. and reinstalled without too much difficulty.

BryanKipp

Cadet
Thanks for the responses. After further digging (and figuring out the correct terminology) the one I need is

[FONT=&quot]Harris Kayot 2046374 Aluminum 13 Inch Boat Offset Piano Hinge

Thank you for your assistance!
[/FONT]

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If I had a clue what you were looking for, I might have something left over from my project....

Isnt this what he's looking for? Harris Kayot 2046374 Aluminum 13 Inch Boat Offset Piano Hinge

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
You can stick what he posted in Google and there is some funky looking offset piano hinge. First few links are to ebay.

ahicks

Captain
You can stick what he posted in Google and there is some funky looking offset piano hinge. First few links are to ebay.

Note that there are literally hundreds of images that are returned with that search? (Harris Kayot 2046374 Aluminum 13 Inch Boat Offset Piano Hinge)

"Offset" does not describe anything near specific enough. Like how much offset? There's no universal off set. Are both sides offset, or just one of them? If both, are they the same amount of offset, or are they different?

Bottom line, it's going to take a picture with some dimensions for me to do him any good.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I think he has disappeared because he found it. That was his discription of the item he found that worked and he has disappeared to go work on his boat.

ahicks

Captain
Wow! Must be the areas we live in or something. That part number didn't even come up on my search. That should make our OP happy...if he ever comes around again.

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
First link on Google for me

I just located that one too. At least this thread didn't get pulled because a mod was trying to direct people to iboats store, which might I add doesn't have this very product I needed save for an 11" or 13" length which is useless. This is a product they should stock IMO. Most people building custom hatches need longer lengths

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I just located that one too. At least this thread didn't get pulled because a mod was trying to direct people to iboats store, which might I add doesn't have this very product I needed save for an 11" or 13" length which is useless. This is a product they should stock IMO. Most people building custom hatches need longer lengths

Shoestring - You know the door works both ways.

Did you see how old this thread is and after almost two years you are griping and it isn't your thread? :facepalm: Of course not, you just wanted the break one of our rules. Next time your dues are doubled!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.