2013 bass buggy 18' Suntracker water in fuel tank

Vankemp

Recruit
Hello,
I'm looking for some help. I just received my bill today from service center that removed 2 gallons of gas from my fuel tank, among other thins, plugs, oil change, etc. the bill is $993.00 What they didn't do is tell me how to prevent this minus buying a new water separator valve. This motor has no more than 3 tanks of use on it and I'm concerned that the same issue might occur again. I'm wondering if gas is coming through the vent cap on top of fuel tank. I will attempt to attach a video of a similar situation(not my video) any prevention thoughts minus a trade in on new model?

ahicks

Captain
Somebody, somewhere, mentioned this potential not too long ago. They mentioned if the engine was mounted too low the water could hit the front of it and ride up - like that video shows. Not wanting to steal anyone's thunder but I honestly don't remember where I read it. I just made a mental note of the potential and moved on...

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Removed 2 gallons of contaminated gad or removed 2 gallons of water? If 2 gallons of water that's A LOT if it's was 2 gallons of contaminated fuel it could just be from 5 or 6 ounces of water in it. I would put a fuel water sepeat or on it first.