Pontoon Replacement Seats

E_bell

Cadet
I am new to boating and just purchased a 1998 20' Sylvan Elite and the seat backs need replaced. I'm getting really high quotes to have them reupholstered so I'm thinking that it may just be better to replace all of the seats with new ones. I'm looking to stay under $2,000, any recommendations on where to buy new seats? Also, the boat I have now has 48" bench seats but looks like most replacement seats come in 27", 36" or 55" lengths.

ahicks

Captain
A lot of the stuff is drop shipped from Wise, and they are WAY behind! Have been waiting since May 8th I think, for a couple of large bench seats for the front and an L shape arrangement (2 shorter benches and a corner bench) for the back. About 2000 for everything. I was told by the sales person it would ship in 3-4 days at the time of order....

Last edited by a moderator:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yep, you can buy new... looks like the sites that have been discussed, have entire sets in the 2K range. You would just have to verify that the kits they sell meet your requirements/dimensions/needs.

You could check your local marina, craigslist, etc. for smaller shops/private individuals that may do the work for less $$$. Some times they are even faster than the big trim shops

Another option is to learn how... Myself and Woodonglass and others are more or less self taught, w/help from our friends. I would offer the example of a 24 toon I did last year, probably only had 5-600 in material. Rest is the cost of your time.

Hope that helps... God luck on your project!!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
A lot of the stuff is drop shipped from Wise, and they are WAY behind! Have been waiting since May 8th I think, for a couple of large bench seats for the front and an L shape arrangement (2 shorter benches and a corner bench) for the back. About 2000 for everything. I was told by the sales person it would ship in 3-4 days at the time of order....

Weird. Must have been a real run on boat seats this year for some reason. I wanted to order a set of new loungers for my boat from Veada (only place with high enough bases available for my boat) and they aren't taking any more order in all of 2017!

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
when i did my rebuild 7 years ago i went with the wise seating, and they are still in fine shape with noting more than a cleaning and treating with 303 a few times a year, in fact i had a issue with a seat ( one of the bottoms cracked ) and a call and 3 days later i had a new seat delivered, it was no questions and no hassle of any sort

No Title

Attachments

• photo267575.jpg
    photo267575.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo267576.jpg
    photo267576.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 0