Sun Tracker 22 dlx mooring cover instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pontoon Rookie

Recruit
I just purchased my first pontoon, as well as a mooring cover. This boat is kept in the water, and I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to install the Dowco mooring cover that I also purchased. Absolutely no instructions included, and a chat on the Sun Tracker site told me to contact the dealer, which also yielded no results. Shouldn't an $800+ accessory include instructions? Any help would be very much appreciated.

ahicks

Captain
Accessory maybe, a cover? Nope They're generally just a bag that covers the top of your boat - and the first few times you do that with the boat in the water may require a little pondering on your part. Not sure how instructions might prepare you for that experience though...

scottykrug

Cadet
Lol, when we got our new Bass Buggy last year we went through the same thing. Zero instructions. Is yours trailerable? If so, I can take pics and detail for you. We also found a parts supplier for the poles that no one tells about.

Scooter

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yea you need poles in the middle to tent it to make the rain run off

icwingman

Seaman
I just purchased my first pontoon, as well as a mooring cover. This boat is kept in the water, and I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to install the Dowco mooring cover that I also purchased. Absolutely no instructions included, and a chat on the Sun Tracker site told me to contact the dealer, which also yielded no results. Shouldn't an $800+ accessory include instructions? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Just bought 2017 dx fishing barge w no cover. Keep me posted. Good luck

icwingman

Seaman
Got a cover for xmass, no instructions, i ditched the tie down straps and went with rubber bungee straps. will put on straps before real stormy weather.

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It can be tricky, but you will figure it out,

Start in a corner away from the dock and snap your way toward a gate that will let you have it mostly covered as you step off and snap the last snaps from outside. I run mine from the port aft corner most of the way up the port side and across the aft, then work it toward the starboard side, putting poles in and snapping snaps as I go.

How you roll it up to stow it has a major impact on how easily or difficultly it goes back on. Use a Sharpie to mark the inside so you know where you are on the cover and which corner goes where.

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Once it's on it needs to stay good and snug. No water should pool on it anywhere, that will stretch it and shorten its life considerably.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Closed

Pontoon Rookie hasnt been back since they started this topic in June

Status
Not open for further replies.