Need Help with Quicksilver classic 3000 remote control

AcombativePYRO

Recruit
Hello all, I am new to the forums, I have been completely redoing a pontoon boat for my non-profit, wounded veterans outdoor project/organization. I am a wounded vet myself (Iraq 2009) and I am looking to give back to my community who has wheelchair bound disabilities. My program provides amputee veterans in my area the chance to get out onto the water in a completely wheelchair accessible pontoon boat, mostly to waterfowl hunt and fish.

I have poured allot of my money into this boat and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been building this boat for 2 1/2 years now.

It is a 1998 21 foot Sun Tracker party barge, with a 2003 Mercury 40hp big foot 4 stroke. The boat itself looks nothing like what it originally did, but it looks exactly how I hoped it would.

If I can figure out how to post photos I surely will. It will make any hunter or sportsman weak in the knees. Its a real head turner.

Anyway, like i said, I'm almost done however I have run into a road block.

I am putting the console back together (from 2 years ago) and I cannot seem to find all the parts that go with the Quick silver classic 3000. Ive looked everywhere. And missing a lot of parts. (it didn't work that great to begin with)....well Evidently they don't make them anymore. I tried looking for a new one but it seems its not as easy as a simple google search.

My problem is on my boat, while sitting at the helm, The remote is a side mount to my console, (not the side of the fence) so its kind of reversed. If you picture yourself sitting at the helm, the remote on the far right side of the console, with the throttle only button facing the starbird side.

There is already a hole cutout in the side of my console, so putting another style remote, will not work, without changing the entire console, which I don't have the money for....

what do you think my options are?

Thankyou very much in advance.

John

ahicks

Captain
John, many of the side mount controls are able to have the handle mounted on either side of the control box to make installations easier. 2 minutes from one side to the other.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
a right hand mount is very common this is a 2000 but more or less the same

driver shelf 512.JPG

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
As was said above, I wouldn't think it would matter much whether the mounting screws go in from the left or from the right. What parts do you think you are missing?