Starcraft pontoon boat seating arrangement

Leveboat

Cadet
Hello boaters! My husband and I are looking to purchase our first pontoon boat, and was hoping to get some insight on the seating floor plan. We found a 2016 Starcraft CX21R, which has two captains chairs in the middle of the deck, and two-seater benches in each corner of the boat. While the layout definitely increases the floor space and opens it up a bit, I'm afraid that there will be too much space between all of the seats, creating a disjointed experience for our guests. Then again, it would be pretty neat to be sitting side-by-side as co-captains :) ... which is probably how we'll spend most of our time on the boat anyway. I think I'm just skeptical because I've never seen a layout like this before.

We don't have kids (yet), and would mainly be for entertaining friends/family. We're also getting a dog, so the additional floor space could be nice.

Does anyone have experience with a layout like this? I realize this is definitely a personal preference, but would love to know if anyone else has a boat like this! Pictures are attached for reference.

Also, I'm not too familiar with the Starcraft brand. Is it a decent manufacturer?

Thanks!

Attachments

• layout.png
    layout.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 0
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ful.jpg
    ful.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 0

brooksville_rebel

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ours was sorta like that but not exact. We yanked all the seats off that were on it. There just wasn't any room for moving around (We have kids/grandkids also). With the seats and by the time we got coolers on there and towel bags and other stuff it was just crowded. Its a 24fter too. We then just used plastic chairs. Loaded up how many we needed and more room and could move chairs to were needed. Now I have been putting jump seats on pedestals. More secure and still leaves room for stuff and movement.
Hell once there was pontoon that had lazy boy recliners on his. lol. Its preference for sure but I would like at how many you plan on having on board, and the movement of people and storing of supplies. If you plan on fishing thats even more headache with casting/gutting/etc.
Good Luck