Anybody know the cheapest dealership in the USA for a Lowe (SS210 XL)

spencerkechi

Cadet
After years of owning all different types of boats and having the chance to try out a tritoon, we have decided that is what we want for our next boat. My father and I have been flipping boats for the last 2 years to save up enough to buy a newer tritoon, and we are nearly there. I have seen some older posts on here regarding recommendations on the most competitive dealerships in the USA for Lowe, but the hyperlinks were no longer valid.

We are in Kansas but are willing to drive some distance or have it shipped if it makes financial sense. Does anybody have a good recommendation for a Lowe dealership that you know has the best prices? And when would be the best time of year to make a deal? We can be patient. Ultimately we are looking for a 2014 to 2016 SS210 XL 150 HP. If we can get a previous model year (still new) that they are trying to get rid of, that would be preferable.

For those wondering why we would choose the Lowe over another manufacturer, we feel like it is a good bang for the buck after doing research. We are open to others in the same price range as long as the quality and performance was basically the same. I realize everyone has their own preference.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
when I was in the upper mid west, I used to drive to MO and KS to look at boats because they were cheaper

best time to buy a boat (low cost) is end of season, not in spring when everyone wants a boat

this time of year, prices are higher because the market will bear higher prices as everyone wants to get out on the water

ahicks

Captain
What I've done with other new products, but never a boat, is contact a dealer very near the manf. See if you can strike up a deal with them. You can't buy manf. direct, but somebody very near the factory might process the necessary paper work for you at a pretty reasonable price.... There would be no freight, so that alone makes it pretty attractive to somebody willing to take a drive to save a buck.

Factory generally does a little nicer job than a dealer when it comes to rigging the engine, so you might want to check that out.

Keep in mind though, that a pontoon pulls about as nice as a parachute. You'll likely need a pickup - and the mileage home is going to suck!

Last edited:

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Probably not a question that has an answer and shipping and transporting these things are not cheap.

Do not under estimate the value of a good local dealer after the sale.

ahicks

Captain
Good dealers are scarce, local ones even more so. For starters, they're generally swamped when/if you need to get something done. I could go on, maybe mentioning that many use mostly seasonal help, but the bigger point is, I have a different opinion of dealers. To me, they are to be avoided whenever possible.

Hammbone!

Cadet
I just brought home a Lowe SS230XL from Anglors Port Marine in Warsaw , Mo. today. They are large Lowe dealer. I believe they have very competitive pricing. My first boat I just got on forum tonight first time I have about a begillion question......check out there boats on there website

BLUE by you

Recruit
Find the dealer who has a 2015 or 16 still sitting on his lot. He's paying floor plan financing on that sucker until it moves... but realize it's almost spring. Not the best time to buy... on price.

Crawfish Dundee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I don't know of anyone that goes into business to see how cheap they can sell their product. Or to be cheaper than everyone else, that doesn't make sense. I think the object is to sell your products for as much as you can.

Crawfish Dundee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I concur , I bought a new boat once, it was old stock that the dealer found three States away, it was a new hull on a trailer only. He found a factory rebuilt motor and seats and I was happy.

spencerkechi

Cadet
Thanks for the advice. Our plan it to wait until the fall and try to get some type of closeout. There are a number of dealers in MO that are close to the Lowe plant, and Cabelas also sells this model.