New Pontoon, Need help

sklasz

Recruit
I am trying to find a wiring diagram for the instrument cluster on a 2015 classic 8520 Cruise Sunchaser. Can anyone direct me to where I could find this, we purchased ours through an auction so never received any service manual with it. I also need the wiring schematic for a 90 hp Mercury. :blue:

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
As far as the toon, you may never find one. They are pretty generic. I don't think the mfg even prints one up. For the motor, you would need the factory service manual.

sklasz

Recruit
Thanks we would just like to get it connected. When we purchased it was wired for a Yamaha Motor. We purchased the adapter to switch it over to a Mercury but its not working.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I recently replaced the very old motor on my boat with a 2015 Mercury. To do that I had to install a new control box (throttle) and wiring harness. I also purchased a SC1000 multi-mode gauge to monitor all of the engine functions. As I recall, there was a wiring harness from the control box to the SC1000. There were also a number of color coded wires I did not use that were available to connect to other conventional gauges (e.g., a volt meter or water pressure gauge). None of the paperwork that came with new engine and control box told how to connect those wires. I had to call a Mercury tech and ask about them to verify that I didn't need them for my application. Mercury would prefer that I take tthe boat to one of its dealers and let them charge me for the work. .... I will be surprised if the information you want is available anywhere other than from a Mercury tech.

sklasz

Recruit
Okay, don't kill the messenger here I am posting for husband who is out of range. What we have is a Sunchaser with a 40hp yamaha. We need the wiring code for the instrument plug.