Trying to find an original factory fitted full mooring pontoon cover

floatnboat

Recruit
Hello, I have had a 1994 Suncruiser Trinidad 201 L for a full year now. The boat came with custom furniture covers; not a mooring cover. The previous owner said that the furniture covers were just more easily put on and taken off than the full mooring cover and that was why there was no mooring cover. The boat is now over 20 years old. It runs amazing ( 40hp Johnson) and is cosmetically solid. It has larger-than-normal pontoons (think they are XL). Bimini top is original and has no discolorations or rips. Seats are in good condition with very little visible mildew stains ( Mean Grean mildew remover with bleach works AMAZINGLY fyi) and the only issue is the carpet. It is very worn in some places and will need to be replaced in the fall or sometime during the offseason. So, to stop the carpet from getting even more worn, I need a full cover for the boat. The seat covers are just not cutting it. I have bought a generic cover for it for the time being. I don't want to go to a custom canvas shop and drop $800 on a new custom cover. So, I was wondering if I contact the manufacturer I can see if they have a cover for my specific model. I am thinking that when you originally bought the boat, you had either the choice for the seat covers or mooring cover to come with the boat. I'm thinking that I can see if they have one for my boat. Don't you think that that the cover would be covered by some old warranty and the company would have to have extra inventory in order to provide replacements for the worn covers? Wouldn't they have extra parts including extra covers for my boat somewhere in a warehouse? Could I somehow get ahold of someone and work it out so I could get the cover. It doesn't matter if I have to pay money, I just want to be able to cover my boat and keep it dry. Please respond ASAP. It cannot go another season unprotected. Thank you. Happy Memorial Day!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

First off - We, iboats, don't have anything to do with Suncruiser. So your are on your own with an old boat. We can only offer some advice,

Kinda doubtful a boat manufacturer is holding on to warranty covers for 22 years. You can always contact the builder to see, but don't hold your breath - Boat builders don't hang on to old parts of any kind for very long unless they fit current models.

What's wrong with the generic cover?

floatnboat

Recruit
The generic cover is too big and bulky. It is not an exact fit for my model and has no snaps whatsoever to secure it. Only straps. There are few easy ways to put the cover on. But, if he cover was custom, it would fit exactly. Thank you for your advice!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
your best bet is to have a local canvas place make you a cover.