Playpen Cover Needed

Buster_boy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I need a new playpen cover for my 2000 Sylvan Elite 16 (or 816 depending who you ask). I want one that lines up with the snaps already on the rails as shown in the attached pic. I've searched the Web including iboats. What am I missing?

Thanks
​Jim

Attachments

• photo237838.png
    photo237838.png
    247.5 KB · Views: 0

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Even if you found one new from the factory in a box somewhere, the snaps are installed when it's fit to the boat

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer
Try Iboats.com They have company that makes custom fit covers and you can chose the color you want. I did and it was cheaper then the dealer price was.

Rickochet

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Even if you found one new from the factory in a box somewhere, the snaps are installed when it's fit to the boat
When I bought my boat years ago I got the optional play pen cover for the boat from the boat mfgr. The snaps were already on the cover. The screw in posts where in a bag. I had to drill and screw in each post to fit the cover snaps. Not a big deal. Getting a custom made cover to match you existing cover pre=made is going to be difficult taking in consideration for the bimini mounts, console et al. You might need to find a local canvas shop that does boat covers if you want the existing snaps to match.

mjc3834merc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
A couple years ago the cover on my StarCraft 20' was about shot. Patched holes, shrinking, hard to get snapped, and about 25% of the snaps were broken or missing. I talked to the dealer that I stored my boat with in the winter and he took care of the whole thing. When I dropped the pontoon off in the fall he had people pick it up, build me a new cover and bring it back to the dealer for storage. He billed me. When I picked it up in the spring I had a new cover with repaired snaps and he even added a few. You will need to have it custom made to matched the snaps. If you're close to water and a lot of boats there will be custom Bimini and boat cover makers around. You'll just have to ask around. Up in the Brainard/Baxter area in Minnesota there are quite a few. Two years ago mine cost me about $800 but it was worth every cent.

Buster_boy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well then, I guess I'll either have this one fixed for now or perhaps I can find someone to copy the one I have.