2013 Encore Bently Pontoon

tex599

Seaman
I have the opportunity to purchase a 2013 Bentley 200 Cruise pontoon at a good price. This would be a second boat, just looking to have extra room for friends who always come down to the lake. Our main boat is a Mastercraft that we surf and wake board behind. Not worried about lack of speed, more concerned with quality of the boat. Anyone have any experience with this brand? It powered by a 4 stroke Suzuki, it's in excellent shape.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
I think that Bently has a good reputation.My questions would be is there a servicing dealer close by?
Can you get a test ride?

ahicks

Captain
If the price doesn't put you off, I don't think you're going to find a much nicer boat. You don't see as many Suzuki's as others, but that doesn't make them a bad engine. You might check into how far you may have to take it if/when service becomes necessary?

tex599

Seaman
Thanks for the responses. I can take it for a test ride, it's my neighbors boat. He bought it brand new and can't use it anymore. I will check for a servicing dealer for the motor, he has not had any problems with the motor so far. I just don't see a lot of reviews or people talking about them, so just curious. It's been awhile since I have owned an outboard boat as far winterizing, any water have to be drained from the block? Are these 4 stroke motors pretty reliable, any carb issues if they sit like the old 2 strokes?

ahicks

Captain
4 strokes are Super reliable. That's not saying a 2013 2 stroke is bad though. Today's engines are all pretty decent.
I would look to owner's manual for specifics (make sure you get that as part of the sale!), but my experience is they drain themselves when out of the water.
Thinking you'll find a 2013 engine is injected. No carbs to worry about. Sea Foam or something similar in the fuel still a good plan. Probably the same as you're doing for the other boat?