Picture of an outboard motor on a pontoon boat

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer
You guys are too much.Easy question .Over thinking the answer . It's a good thing it's not important.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
I would say a quick google image search on your part would eliminate our terrible answers.

Silver Eagle

Going to Google is like taking a trip to no where .they run you around so much you just give up..I don't want to know about anything with the boat moving .It's really an easy question if you just look at it without thinking ahead..I'm not having a problem of any kind. It's a 07
- 90 hp two stroke Mercury.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
One quick click and I found hundreds of pics.

https://www.google.com/search?

client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm =isch&source=hp&biw=980&bih=674&q=pontoon+boat&oq= pontoon+boat&gs_l=img.12...0.0.0.1401.0.0.0.0.0.0. 0.0..0.0....0...1ac..64.img..0.0.0.lQ23UhKn2bs

It appears the link won't work, but there was no run around, just hundreds of pics.

Last edited:

Reel Kahuna

Petty Officer 1st Class
To the OP, why not take a pic of yours and we'll be able to tell you whether is sittng right or not?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Where it sits in the water when the pontoon is not moving is irrelevant. You could have a 100HP and a 50HP on the same pontoon with varying amounts of fuel in the tank and they will be at totally different levels.

You need a picture of a motor when a pontoon is out of the water. I could show you that picture next October when I pull mine out.

Old Screwball

Petty Officer 1st Class
The 'toon is at our Arizona River house. We will be going down there next week. I'll take pictures of the engine and waterline when we get there. I'll also take pictures of the motor depth at full throttle. I'm guessing my motor is at the correct height, it is where the dealer set it when we bought it. Transom says 75hp Max and that is what I put on. Good Luck, I'll publish in a week

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
OK, this thread seems to be dying and I still don't get it.
1. Why is it so hard to see his engine in the water while stationary. Can't you just back it into the dock, tie it up, get out and look? If you ever go swimming, can't you swim around back and look? If you never dock it, can't you look at the water line on the engine pod while the boat is on the trailer? Can't you get out of the boat and ask someone else to back it up to you and stop?
2. How can an engine be too high or too low in the water while not running? That's akin to wondering if an engine is too high or too low while resting on an engine stand. Why wasn't the question about the water level on a running engine on a moving boat?
3. Why would a picture of someone else's motor be helpful if he can't see his own?

The only explanation that works for me is that someone has been seriously yanking our chains. If so, it worked masterfully.

Silver Eagle

This weekend coming I'm going boating. I'll Take a couple of pictures of the boat in the water before I start it up.And when I Get back I'll post them here.. maybe you so called boater
will see what I want. I don't care where the motor sits while running. .I have a 24 ft.StarCraft pontoon boat. limited ed. Too see the motor from the boat I have to hang over the lounge and all I see is the top of the engine..It's oil injected and very hard to put oil in it even on land.

Reel Kahuna

Petty Officer 1st Class
... I'll Take a couple of pictures of the boat ... I'll post them here.. maybe you so called boater
will see what I want.

Too see the motor from the boat I have to hang over the lounge and all I see is the top of the engine...

This so called boater would take a picture of the motor while standing on the dock immediately after the pontoon boat is launched and sitting in the water :rolleyes: .

On second thought, I wouldn't even need to take a picture. I'd just trim the motor and/or reposition the passengers to balance the toon accordingly :facepalm:.

ahicks

Captain
This weekend coming I'm going boating. I'll Take a couple of pictures of the boat in the water before I start it up.And when I Get back I'll post them here.. maybe you so called boater
will see what I want. I don't care where the motor sits while running. .I have a 24 ft.StarCraft pontoon boat. limited ed. Too see the motor from the boat I have to hang over the lounge and all I see is the top of the engine..It's oil injected and very hard to put oil in it even on land.

Yes, so you probably wouldn't want to pull alongside a dock or anything like that for a good look....

We "so called boaters" trying to help somebody that can't figure out how to communicate a question well enough for somebody with less expertise than he has probably too much to ask for as well. Shame on us for trying....

Last edited:

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
No Title

I'll play...

Attachments

• photo229410.JPG
    photo229410.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo229411.JPG
    photo229411.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo229412.JPG
    photo229412.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 1

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
I just want to see the water line on a out board motor sitting in the water, Not moving. What's so hard about that?. Is it too high ,or too low or what.

That's completely irrelevant, the water line seen while combo is floating will vary once combo is in motion and hull comes out of the water from where used to be sitting. I'll be worried more about water flow height passing through lower leg at speed than while sitting still. But that's a different story..

Happy Boating

Last edited:

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Yes, so you probably wouldn't want to pull alongside a dock or anything like that for a good look....

We "so called boaters" trying to help somebody that can't figure out how to communicate a question well enough for somebody with less expertise than he has probably too much to ask for as well. Shame on us for trying....

Ever heard the old adage "consider the source"? Applies in spades in this case.:facepalm:

FrizFreleng

Seaman
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over! Pontoons operate in very turbulent water? The Maid of the Mist operates in very turbulent water. My pontoon operates in flat water. Lower the engine all the way down, forget about it and get back to destroying your liver. Aye, we drinks a bit.

Silver Eagle

We spent the pasted weekend out in the Chesapecke Bay, upper end. we took pictures of the motor but this web site said the pictures are to big .So now what. Saturday was very rough in the bay ,windy 4 ft swells .Monday was just as bad. but we still had a good time..We spent a lot of time at Lloyds Creek.The engine is the same height as the other boats there.

ahicks

Captain
So, the reason you thought it might not be the right height was what again?

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
You'd think a well run forum like iboats.com would have a tutorial on how to post pictures. ...... And sure enough, they do:
Tutorial