Need opinons on a 2014 avalon

augualoged

Cadet
Putting a deposit down on a 2014 Avalon tomorrow to hold it for me till next week. Its a 22 ft Tritoon, nice boat. Has everything that I would have added to it (Bimini. LEDs, Killer sound system with remote, etc.) Only down side (POSSIBLY) is that it has a 225 mercury Pro XS 2 stroke. My dad and I are buying the boat together, he has his reserves about it not being a 4 stroke. He doesn't know much about boats but knows the 4strokes are quieter. That being said I demoed the boat without him and I think its a great fit. Hes coming down to demo it next week and then we will buy. Are the 4 strokes much quieter than the new 2 strokes. The motor is a 2014 with 35 hours on it. Good price for the rig.

We were originally thinking about a deck boat but have decided on the pontoon because I have a 18 month old and on top of that the lake I live on is often rough due to boat traffic making the Tritoon the way to go IMO.

That being said guys.....Motor opinions. We are looking for something with a big motor on it to enjoy water sports with, basically trying to have our cake and eat it to but I haven't been able to find a tritoon with a big 4 stroke locally. So opinions on motor opinions.....Oh and this thing hauls TAIL! 38mph on a heavy chop with 3 adults on board and had more to go.

ahicks

Captain
I like the 4 strokes too, but the kind of power you're talking about here is getting pretty expensive if you need any kind of justification. Betting the 2 stroke will be fine. Boats like the Avalon generally have quite a bit of upholstery to block engine noise. Doubt that will be an issue.