Montego Bay pontoon opinions thoughts?

Skiblackjack

Recruit
Hey guys,

My wife and I are starting to look around for our first pontoon. I know about Benny's and there awesomeness since my parents own one. But the wife and I are seriously considering a Montego Bay FC8520. I have not had much luck finding any opinions or reviews about this brand. I know they are made and owned by mirrocraft in Wisconsin, but that's bout it. Any thoughts?! Thanks

Skiblackjack

Recruit
OK no takers yet since everyone is out on the water I bet. An Avalon dealer tried telling me their upholstery is the strongest and best in the market because of the thickness. But I think they maybe out of our range. I did also check out T&M marine website in minnesota. There prices looked great albeit minus a motor and trailer. Idk how they can give those away for that price, they are Tahoe's too I think?

ahicks

Captain
Home work required. About all you can do is go on the company's web site to see how they're built (like do they use stainless fasteners? Floor construction?) and then compare. After that it's about floor plan, power...... and price!

As far as what a salesman tells you, you know how to tell if they're lying, right?

Skiblackjack

Recruit
OK major dilemma. We found a MB toon that has a setup we want FC8520 rear fish without trailer and we also have a Avalon Ls rear fish 20' with our specs plus priced with trailer, for about $6k more than MB. Avalon is 8' wide MB is 8'5" wide. Is that really going to be noticeable? Also is Avalon quality really worth the extra? Any thoughts?

1983 ercoa 21'

Chief Petty Officer
The trailer is worth 3000.00 give or take so your talking about a 3000.00 dollar difference. So now factor in the motors to know how much price difference there is between the two toons,plus factor in warranty