Pontoon mirror

JGator

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thoughts or suggestions? Something not in the $$ range...

JGator

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If it is for watching people doing watersports I highly recommend no mirror and a spotter

Not for water sports, we sometimes get into areas where folks just don't know the rules and its best to have the rear view easy to keep an eye on.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Oh well what about an old car mirror you can get em at any scrap dealer they may also have larger sizes just get a high quality adhesive so that it sticks well you can also modify the arms and mount them virtually anywhere

Gibsonman2005

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Or...Go to an auto parts store. Like littlerayray says, the adhesive will be key here. Or you can get creative with a mount.
Or...a $15 backup camera and a $135 cd/am/fm/DVD w/video input/output for the camera.
I still think a spotter (sports or not) is best unless you're boating alone.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sorry, but no specific answer here. Just keep in mind that it has to be mounted either above you or off to the side so you don't block your own view. Also, it needs to be made of materials suited to outdoor use (e.g., stainless steel, aluminum, or plastic).

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
There are a few on Amazon, from $30 to $200. I would look at an aftermarket towing mirror for a pickup, mounted to the rail or a bimini post. I don't have one on my boat and the ones I've seen folks use are the high $$ ones.

Reel Kahuna

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've a side view mirror, one one on each side. It's just a "peace of mind" to know if someone is coming up fast, especially if I'm about to make a 90 degree turn.

Illinoid

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought a Ski Image X2000 mirror which I find helpful for keeping track of heavy river traffic. I do wish the mounting pole was a little longer so it would be above eye level. That and the swivel seat make it easier on an old guy that has been twisting his neck too many years driving tractors and snow plows.