Green with envy -- somewhat

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
On my way home from another road trip I passed a semi hauling a new Premier pontoon of about 30 feet. No big deal but the 300 HP Merc hanging offf the back of each tube made my aging heart go pitter pat. I even reached back to make sure my wallet did not get sucked out of my pocket to help pay for fuel. Rush hour traffic or I would have snapped a picture. Ski, tube, or just cruise -- that rig would have no trouble doing any of it.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Yea but if the engines were running, even just idling, you could never fill the tanks... :facepalm:

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Every time I see a big (35' - 45') cruiser go by on the bay, I say to myself, "One dollar ... two dollars .... three dollars ... ............." If you have to worry about the gas, you can't afford the boat.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
300 hp kinda defeats the purpose of having a pontoon don't it ? I mean just sittin in a cove Chillin :sleeping:

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Wait, 300HP off each tube? TWINS?!

You betcha red rider. 600 very thirsty HP. My quick check of engine prices turned up a bit over $18K per engine and that probably did not include rigging or controls.

jkust

Rear Admiral
We've got a couple of the tritoon twin 300's on the lake and one with twin 150's. I swear I've never seen any of them go faster than a slow putter. When they drive by my place lakeside, I hold onto my wallet too.

seadogmike

Seaman Apprentice
After paying that much for a 'toon.... probably cant afford anything above an idle.... Just saying.