Why are used inflatable boats so expensive?

robert graham

Admiral
The materials like coated, laminated and vulcanized aramids(like Kevlar) and other synthetic textile fabrics and the fabrication methods including epoxy glues, cements, etc. make for an expensive and labor intensive fabricated structure.....

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
You don't want to sell an inflatable, assume in good working order that have cost you big money for peanuts cost, right ? Besides, who said that boating was a cheap sport...

Happy Boating

Igyjastabay

Seaman
I know the answer. In the 50's when there were 75,000,000 people in the United States we had room, room to store rotting tractors on your 5 acre plot. Now most people don't own homes they rent. No more space in this country near amenities anymore. With nearly a 1/2 billion people now, inflatables make sense. Price rise. Wow, way too many ape men on this planet.

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have seen people asking almost what they paid new for boat and they never sell. Inflatables are pretty cheep as far as boats go so I'm not sure why anyone would even want to buy a used inflatable unless it's for atleast half of a new one.

Neuner

Seaman
I have seen people asking almost what they paid new for boat and they never sell. Inflatables are pretty cheep as far as boats go so I'm not sure why anyone would even want to buy a used inflatable unless it's for atleast half of a new one.

Nailed it.

I looked at used ones and at the price and uncertain condition they were asking, it was an easy decision to bump a couple of bucks and get a new one.

Cracks me up when I see someone trying to sell a vehicle that is only a year or two old not too far off of the dealer asking price. Why they don't understand that a vehicle's value drops significantly after driving it off the lot gets me.