Hi Guys & Gals,New Here

ddog7

Recruit
Just got a free Intex Mariner 3 brand new. Must be an older model , just has an inflatable keel down the middle and the heavy slat floor. The whole bottom does not inflate like the newer ones. Just inflated it, without the slat type floor in it. Anyone owning one of these have the length of the longest slat? Mine is 29 inchs. seems a little wide, probably like that to stretch out the floor ??? Also when you install the factory slat floor, do you inflate both sides then the keel last or visa versa??? Any one try a 2 stroke gas outboard on a mariner 3 if so how big??. :flame: Says 2 hp or 33 lbs. Never could follow recommended specs I see a few Mariner 4s on u-tube with 3.5s on um a lot of great mods. Looks interesting. Thx Jerry

Last edited:

Exit

Seaman Apprentice
When I bought the intex mariner 4 (bigger model) I put a 3.5 hp motor on it. It was too much motor for it. I didn't feel safe. Although, in hindsight I don't think I inflated it enough. Regardless, I ended up returning the boat and waiting a couple months to save for a Saturn SD365 so I could get farther and feel safer. It was worth the wait.

If you don't need to go very far, plan on using it mainly on lakes or areas with calm waters, or are just trying to learn for real cheap, I think you'll be fine with 2hp or a trolling motor. I'd probably go with a 2hp motor though.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
A 2 HP will be around in weight to a 2.5 and a 2.5 weights same as a 3.5. If all 3 weights are very close invest wise and go for the 3.5 HP, just throttle less. A 2 HP is very basic, just better than rowing.

Happy Boarting