Titan inflatable

Luvinflatableboats

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have had my Titan RIB a good few seasons and last season the handles holding the seats to the boat came completely unstuck. The manufacturer has gone out of business and the 6 warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. Inflatables are a combination of glue, material etc. The material used to make the boat is decent but the glue or process to glue on the parts was garbage and the work to reattach them is a lot. I commend CO2 for giving me the glue for free. When I purchased the boat they said that Titan was equivalent in quality to Zodiac which IMHO is not the case.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
It's not unusual for such things to happen specially if boating at hot areas with high UV radiation, usually handles, oar locks and oar holders will follow. For instance down here what was well glued for 5 years now becomes unglued in just 3 specially if inflatables will be living at a marina, outside environments and covered. UV passes through just about anything with time. Poor tube inflation + summer heat + UV are responsible for ungluing parts faster, how fast or slow will depend entirely on the glue quality used when the inflatable was assembled.

Happy Boating

ashtonford

Cadet
I just purchased a used titan fiber glassed hull. the guy said it had a slow leak that would stay up a week!. The leak turned out to be on top seem on the left pontoon. My question is what is the best glue to seal the leak on the seal? also to glue the handles etc back on. One of the local dive shops recomended using aqua seal to take care of the leak on the top seal.

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

Will need to determine the size of the air leak, if it takes a week to deflate, probably is just the size of a pinhole. If tiny just aply a small instant glue droplet on hole with defleted tube, let dry properly. For gluing handles back or any other accesory will need 2 part PVC glue, if it's Hypalon 2 part Hypalon glue. Will need to remove all glue leftovers under handles with Mek.

Happy Boating

ashtonford

Cadet
the guy that sold it to me was abit of a liar lol. the leak was bad its a seam on the left pontoon it deflates in about 5 minutes. when I went to see it with a friend he said that he wasent sure where the leak was and that his air pump was broken . Anyway when I got it back to my friends house we pumped it up and found out I had been ripped off. Any way I found a guy about a hour and a half away that has made a living out of repairing titans etc . So Iam going to see him him next week. this is the ad of the guy i purchased it from. notice he called it a zodic. http://www.usednanaimo.com/classifie...odiac_25554857

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Gee, you paid $ 200 for that Rib ? Nice cheap purchase. Repairs will surely outcost that bargain price. Check if handle, oar locks, side bumper are beginning to unglue, if so, glue back those accesories if wanting Long Live the Rib or expect falling appart soon after you fix that seam. Zodiac is the generic given name for any given Sib or Rib brand, was developed by Zodiac. Like Gillete, Frigidaire, Chiclets, etc. Names that have penetrated deeply in people's minds.

Happy Boating

ashtonford

Cadet
the main problem is that you cant purchase stabond anywhere in Canada so not sure how Iam gonna get some to do some repairs on my own?

G

West marine in canada does not sell stabon gave them a call today

Forget about the store, order it from there website. Or buy polymarine 2 part glue which is supposed to be similar. Defender dot com sell it

ashtonford

Cadet
found out something today that mercury has repackaged stabond for canadian sale and has named it quicksilver. So I can get it here.