Ideal Rib

Exit

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking into what my next boat will be. Probably a long way off but in the mean time it will get me an idea of how much money to save. I want my next inflatable to be able to handle 6 people on the boat. Ideally 4 people will be very comfortable with gear and all. Keep in mind I want as small as possible but still meets my requirements.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Mines 12' total. Wife, me, 35# dog, fuel tank, small gear bag, small cooler, life jackets. Lots of time dog stays home. Thats all I comfortably have room for. We don't fish just river cruise and float.
No ones sitting on tubes, IMO it's not safe.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
No less than a 4.70 Mtr rib of your brand preference with at least 50 HP engine if plan boating with 6 mates + gear if tiller driven or a 5.30 Mt rib if counting with a central console & seat.

Even though big ribs are more water fun than same size sibs, your boating requirements will shoot in disproportion, that is, will need more fuel, more engine service and spare parts, a larger trailor with larger towing element, more space to keep combo.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

Exit

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for the responses guys! I'm not trailering at the moment.

I might be open to trailering. It depends on my situation when I actually start shopping. I just want to be comfortable.

This is my set up:

Attachments

• 20150607_110223.jpg
    20150607_110223.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
G

If you going to trailer go for the rotomolded boats. Will fit 6, super cheap and indestructable

Last edited:

Exit

Seaman Apprentice
Yea the rotomolded boats look pretty badass too.