Making a motor mount for Sevylor FH280 - question about materials!

JasonSeaward

Recruit
Hi everyone!
I just recently purchased a FH 280 for dirt cheap and want to make a motor mount, as I was surprised by the cost (and lack of local availability) for a bought one. I am trying to narrow down my options of materials and approaches. I am thinking about trying the cooper pipe route, but I have never soldered pipe and do not have the equipment. I have been reading about some "cold weld" options (glues) that are suppose to be strong and seem simple enough. Just wondering if anyone tried gluing cooper pipe together with success for a motor mount or is that just a straight-up dumb idea?
Thanks for any input!
Jason

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

How much money would a factory motor mount be ? If not that expensive go for one or check Craiglkist for a used one. Too much hassle to make one from 0, at least will nee one to exact duplicate. Had A K47 sevylor moons back, don't remember if it had long or short alum support tubes sides attached to transom wooden mount, Fallen engines into the blue are sometimes difficult to recover, personally would go for an original one.

Happy Boating