Buying my first new Inflatable Kayak

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawrenceSteve4

Recruit
Hi everyone, with a lot of changes going on in my life, I will now no longer be able to store my hard shell kayak. With that being said, I will not be purchasing an inflatable kayak. Based on everything I have read, the one attached seems like it has really great value for it's price.

I want one that is very sturdy and durable and the one attached seems to fit that description, and it also seems to be one that has a lot of value for it's price.

What do you all think? I would not be making a bad decision with this one, correct?

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Saturn has a few models of kayaks they might be worth looking into. They have a more open seating area than the one your looking at that I would prefer if I was looking

ssobol

Chief Petty Officer
I would make sure you fit in it. IME inflatable kayaks have less interior room than a hard one. I was looking at one at WM recently and found I couldn't fit in it (not enough leg room).

CapeAnn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a Advanced Elements Kayak. It's a great kayak for light conditions. It dries quickly, folds easily and tracks well for a portable kayak. To do more research I would go to Amazon and read the reviews there.

On a ocean going note - have used it in Massachusetts water with some swells and not too bad. If I were bashing rocks - I would definitely go hard shell as the bottom is not especially happy about being ground into sharp gravel, shells or barnacles.

Here's a picture of my sea going pup in the Advanced Elements kayak. On this day I got into the water in less than 3-4 minutes (with dog) while I saw some hard shell kayakers take 15-20 minutes to organize teams to unload from a carrier on their car, screw with gear and finally get into the water. BTW - look at the expression on my pooch....he's not too happy about it. But he's a Bichon so he'd rather be a little uneasy vs. being left alone at home. Or at the kennel.

Attachments

• Advanced Elements.jpg
    Advanced Elements.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.