Intex Excursion 5 Seating Question

AngryBuoys

Cadet
Hi All - My son and I just purchased a new Excursion 5 boat and a Newport Vessels 40lb Trolling Motor. It comes with the inflatable seats for the front and back, but I have arthritis in one hip so I had hoped to alter my seating. We did not want to build a solid floor just yet, so do you have any ideas for adding a jon boat type seat or at least a raised flat surface that I could put a cushion on for trolling? I am a big guy and do not want to risk puncturing the floor. Also, has anyone tried resting a plank across from one side to the other, similar to the seating in a Sea Eagle 124SMB? I am concerned about straining the sides as this is a low pressure boat. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! TY Bill

thatcarguy09

Recruit
i have the same boat and i use it for fishing. the stock seats that come with it aren't that great since you are sitting on the floor. you could try to use a piece of wood to go across the tubes to sit on but i think it will be a pretty low seat. best bet is to sit on a cooler. i have a wood floor board in my boat and use coolers to sit on. plus i can store gear in them so they arent taking up space in the boat.

best of luck