1988 Avon R310 floor assembly

Nooshka

Recruit
I am having difficulty assembling the 3 piece wooden floor. (must be rocket science).
Have tried bow first, then center piece, and aft piece would not fit. Must be stern first, center then bow.
Or slide the two (aft and center) into the aluminum side slides. It seems impossibly tight anyway whether slightly or fully inflated.
Boat is new and not used to cooperating yet.

G

Let me know if this helps. If the boat is wrapped tight into its travel bag then you must inflate it a little to opein it up completely ten just open the valve and start the process of the floor. I always used the front board and the board closest to transom first. Then other the board in a up side down V shape then just just down. Common mistake is putting the floor boards upside down and the liners are almost impossible to put in. Hopefully my video helps. There are 2 in my channel, 1 is be putting it upside down and the link i shared is the correct way.http://youtu.be/dZhyuSA8yR0
Good luck

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Unpack boat and lay it down on flat floor, pump some air on all chambers. Assemble bow board first, aft second, middle third. Assemble middle board with front side inserted on bow one, the other end will form a tent like shape when inserted against aft board. Once all boards are correctly lined up and well centered step on tent to faltten all boards. Assemble side joiners and fully inflate all air chambers in merry go round sequence evenly untill correct working pressure is achueved.

Happy Boating

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class
With our Rover 310, we assemble the rear two sections of floor boards with stringers. The rear assembly and the front section are then inserted with the mating ends high, the rear assembly tight to the transom, and the front of the bow board in place. Pull up on the fabric and step on the floor sections and they pop in place. It is much easier than our old Zodiac with the thrust board, as the stringers are in place as the floor is pushed in place. If this gives problems in your boat, leave the stringers off and roll them into position after the floor boards are installed.

This is just another explanation which agrees with what was written above. Once you get the hang of it, it is easy to assemble the floor.

Howpilot

Recruit
I'm new to inflatables but have been trying different methods. My boat is also a very old Avon 310 with the wood floor. I fully agree with the above post using the assemble the floor boards before the side rails when the tubes are inflated just enough to make things straight. Rear first bow second transom, then slip middle in between. Secret to it all is the hole in the bow board where the inflation valve sits. It's a great place to slip in your whole hand and tug forward like crazy to make the board slide forward. It all then falls into place. Now your boat is still partially inflated and it's time to "roll in" the side rails. When all is in go back and inflate side tubes in a left right, left right sequence until firm. Finally inflate keel chamber.
My boat was found in Phoenix Arizona , at a garage sale for 350 bux. Including a MinnKota 28 pound and a brand new 125 amp deep cycle. 28 pound replaced by a garage sale 40 pound for 80 bux. Next step a 6 hp 1975 Johnson garage sale also for $125 including tank and lines and 1/2 tank of gas. GPS speed now 13.3 mph up from 4.2 mph with the 40lb. SOOOO much fun for so little $$$$$. Bonus the wife loves it.