Just bought a Seahawk 4, looking into some mods, interested in new oar locks.

boatpenquin

Recruit
I just bought a Seahawk 4, took it on the lake with the wife, and was surprised as how well it worked for the price. The two glaring problems with the boat are the floor, which I plan on fixing (http://www.instructables.com/id/Wooden-Floor-For-A-Seahawk-4-Fishing-Raft/ )
and the oars. I will of course flat out replace the ones it came with, but I'm also concerned about the oarlocks prebuilt into the boat. Does anyone have any experience with how durable they actually are? My other idea is to somehow incorporate swivel oarlocks into the wooden floor by bracing a board on the sides and anchoring it to the floor. Are there any mods out there similar to this? Or will the prebuilt ones work just fine?

I already have a 14' jon boat, and several kayaks, but I got the inflatable as an inbetween of the two, something I can leave in the trunk of my truck (I have a Honda Ridgeline, this thing fits perfectly into the trunk beneath the truck bed) and use on a whim. I considered putting a trolling motor on it, but after the nightmare of registering an old jon boat with the NC wildlife commission, I have no desire to deal with them again anytime soon (all motorized boats must be registered in NC, even a raft as far as I'm aware). So here I am puzzling over a solution with the oars.