what do you guys think about this boat

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wonder how much it weighs? Looks like a good concept for some folks. I need mine to fold up.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Weimed,

The add was badly addressed specifying inflatable rib. It's a Polyurethane inyected molded rib with hollow thick wall hull, deck and tubes. A one piece nice concept rib as there isn't anything that will break, rip or burst as in a traditional sib/rib. You could even exit through a sand beach at speed as Bond used to do, thumbs up. Plan going for one ?

Those are extensively being used by the Brits and those guys have seas that could turn aggresive anytime. For inland waters or calm ones will be most suited for, or the type of waters you are currently boating at.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class
Weimed, that would be good to ask on the RIBnet Forum, as someone there may be familiar with the boats, but I don't believe it would be very suitable for fishing offshore in your area. You would be at the mercy of sea state changes and only able to make a few trips out due to weather. The inlets are the most dangerous waters you will encounter. If you want to go for kings and such, look at 20 ft plus self bailing.

Unsinkable does not mean it will not flip over.

It would make a nice rig for inshore though and handle oysters very well although be a bit cramped for space.

ssobol

Chief Petty Officer
Interesting boat. The shape of the hull is a little different. I wonder how good the fit of the installed bits and covers is. Roto molding is not that high precision.

It says that the dry weight is 400 lbs, which is about the same as a RIB of the same size. Doesn't say what the thickness of the poly is, but it should be pretty durable although it will get scuffed up. The color goes through the material show scratches will be close to the same color. Maintenance effort on the hull should be zero.

However, if it does get damaged it will be a lot harder to repair than FG or inflatable tubes. It is very hard to get good bounds to polyethylene.

Since it is hollow and presumably sealed, if it does get holed you can probably stay afloat by the air trapped in the hull (might have to adjust the load to hold the bubble).

If I saw these when I was buying my first RIB, I would seriously think of getting one.

Last edited:

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class
Poly boats can be heat welded so not a problem to repair. We use poly kayaks which stand up extremely well to rash from going over oyster beds, probably better than fiberglass hulls. I would expect that to be one tough boat which would be good for fishing in the rivers around his home area. It would fit a small garage with no problem, especially if he had a folding tongue on the trailer.

G

the only thing concerns me is walk around space, which there is none. i have to hop over stuff to get to the front.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Yep, deck walk around space is short, side seats rets too much interior space as opposed to a sib/rib in which you can walk around while passengers sits on tubes. Good concept but very limited.

Happy Boating

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
My passengers arnt so tuff. Play hell getting them to sit on the tubes. I won't sit on the tubes unless we are floating. Tube sitting wouldn't be a deal breaker. Personally I like the Winboat best of all RIBs, if I had money to burn i'd own one, I but would like to see a flat floor capability in them.

G

My passengers arnt so tuff. Play hell getting them to sit on the tubes. I won't sit on the tubes unless we are floating. Tube sitting wouldn't be a deal breaker. Personally I like the Winboat best of all RIBs, if I had money to burn i'd own one, I but would like to see a flat floor capability in them.

honestly, no matter how comfy i make the cooler i mounted as seat i cannot stand it. i must sit on tube to pilot my boat. the way my body is positioned left hand on rope and right hand on tiller while sitting on tube. Could move up to distribute the weight to plane easier right away. easy to jump on either side to fish depending on the drift.