Dynous DA-102B made out of vulcanized rubber. I need info please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecollerboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I picked up an older Dynous inflatable cheap. Seems to be in good shape, no seam de lamination or holes. It is not cracked or even faded even though it's bright orange so I am assuming it was taken care of pretty well. The guy I bought it from said it was made out of vulcanized rubber like a dry suit. I was wondering if anyone had any info about it. I know they were made by Toyo tire. That's about it. How do you fix a hole or leak just in case?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Being a Toyo Tire inflatable, probably the material use to patch tire or biycle tire inner tubes will work, it's a cold fast vulcanization.

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
I can?t comment, I've never had one. If in good shape as per your description should last for years to come, you can apply a coat of Aerospace Protectant 303 from time to time to protect against harmful UV from sun radiation which has increased dramatically since that Sib was manufactured.

Happy Boating

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
It's a Hypalon boat so Hypalon glue and material. Do not use a tire repair kit. lmao

bluecollerboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Tohatsu guru,
Are you sure it's hypalon? What else do you know about it? Is it a decent boat? Thanks in advance for any info.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
In 1965 my brother used to have a 4.00 mt pontoon type with upper slat deck made by Pirelli in Italy, very nice pontoon sib. Was rubberized to touch, can't tell about fabric if being Hyplaon, Rubber, PVC. In those days nobody cared about the material it was made from provided it floated well.

Happy Boating

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
I was a rep for Dynous so I know virtually everything about them. Yes, they only had Hypalon boats and they were the same quality level as Achilles. All of them that you see have to be over 20 years old, so....

gald4540

Recruit
I've had a Blue Toyo Dynous since 06' that someone gave me and have used every year all summer on the coast of Maine. Hate to get rid of it, will keep it till it falls apart. Parts are very hard to locate. Was able to replace the floor boards from Defender, that's about it. GREAT inflatable

smosh

Recruit
I've had a Blue Toyo Dynous since 06' that someone gave me and have used every year all summer on the coast of Maine. Hate to get rid of it, will keep it till it falls apart. Parts are very hard to locate. Was able to replace the floor boards from Defender, that's about it. GREAT inflatable

gald4540 - where are you in Maine? I'm looking at picking a Dynous up out of Uncle Henry's or Craigslist.

anadromous

Recruit
Bluecollar boater. You are one lucky guy. I've had a 12.5' Dynous inflatable since 1990. Made by Toyo Tire and Rubber. Also market under the Nissan name. They are made of Hypalon, which is a form of rubber. For repairs, get a hypalon repair kit with patch material, glue and a solvent to pre-clean the surface. It uses the same hardware (air valves, etc) as Achilles boats. All the better inflatables (the more expensive ones) are made of Hypalon. Zodiacs brand boats used to be made of PVC, which dissolves in contact with gasoline. Hypalon doesn't. I'm surprised I haven't worn mine out. I've had it in Hell's Canyon (Snake River) and in the Pacific Ocean.

Text edited by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

F.

Recruit
I was a rep for Dynous so I know virtually everything about them. Yes, they only had Hypalon boats and they were the same quality level as Achilles. All of them that you see have to be over 20 years old, so....

Can you tell me where I would find a secondary hin#? I am replacing the rotted transom and the hin# was unreadable trying to figure out how to get it licensed.

jbcurt00

Staff member
F. Start a topic about your boat, transom and HIN.

This is an inactive, old topic

Or send TohatsuGuru a Private Message.

Closed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.