Pulling Inflatable Toys

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
How many of you guys have pulled inflatable toys with your current boat/engine combo ? what's your experience as opposed to normal boating ? Forgot that had a packed inflatable banana for 4 passengers, so driving alone pulling just one passenger will be just fine at around 30 Km/h on flat no wind waters, wrong...

With just an 18 HP engine, the rib planes at 3/4 throttle, but total wot speed is reduced by half than when riding solo, bananas seem to have excessive water drag no matter if all its 3 chambers are fully inflated to 3.5 PSI. Assume that in order to fully carry 4 passengers at a fun speed a 40-50 HP engine is a must have. For security bananas speeds are limited to max 15-20 knots.

For now the only thing left for me are : pull the banana with nice se?orita at lousy speeds or invite her on board my 430 rib and go for a wot spin at a much more fun speed.

P1220212A.JPG

Happy Boating

Attachments

• P1220212A.JPG
    P1220212A.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

achris

More fish than mountain goat
try running a couple of inches less prop...

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Don't think that will buy a less pitch prop just to pull the banana for 30 minutes to increase its top speed and then change for stock prop for normal boating. Next time will measure its wot rpm and speed with a tach and GPS to check if lugging the engine. Meanwhile will take Chopperbill's advise and take the cutie with me. LOL

Happy Boating