Carib pontoon operating pressure?

BoatFisho

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does anyone have a carib and know the correct PSI for the tubes. Mines a 13ft DL

My dealer said 3.0 but caribe said 2.0. So Im very confused. I can see it on my spec plate either.

BoatFisho

Petty Officer 1st Class
what boat do you have chopper? the saturn?

the manual does in fact say 2.0 psi. and i can just read the side of the boat says something 0.2.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

This are the actual figures from Saturn. Your .2 is probably 20 Kpa Which is 3 PSI

Attachments

• photo212296.jpg
    photo212296.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
2 PSI is way underinflated, will have a marshmellow water ride if it's a Sib. While floating. Mn 3.0 PSI for any Sib. If it's a Rib 2.5 PSI will suffice.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

BoatFisho

Petty Officer 1st Class
No i had it wrong, they told me 0.2 BAR, which is about 2.9...... PSI. Which is about where I had it.

G

do not know much about your boat but mine only feels right at about 5-7 psi based on the dial. Not sure if dial is off but the air pump is fairly new

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
I was concerned that my gauge wasn't correct but then I got a pump with a gauge in it and they both read the same pressure thankfully. I just got a new digital gauge I'm looking forward to using. Hopefully it will be on and a little more exact with the tenths.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
No need to be 100% spot on on the tenths, 3.0 PSI or 0.20 Bar will be perfect for a good water ride, provided that pressure is not lost when boating on cold water environments, re inflate if needed. Backup a bit if overly inflated while being on hot summer environments provided that inflatable is not taken out of the water at that given pressure or could hear a seam BUM specially if old.

Happy Boating

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
No need to be 100% spot on on the tenths, 3.0 PSI or 0.20 Bar will be perfect for a good water ride, provided that pressure is not lost when boating on cold water environments, re inflate if needed. Backup a bit if overly inflated while being on hot summer environments provided that inflatable is not taken out of the water at that given pressure or could hear a seam BUM specially if old.

Happy Boating

Yeah thanks for the remind about deflating some when taking the boat out of the water on a hot sunny day. I have it inflated about 2.5 which has worked well for cold and warm sunny days parked in the drive. By the way the digital gauge was spot on. I agree exact is not really needed but I like knowing anyways. There is a draw back with digital gauge though in that batteries die and that could pose a problem.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Where do you get a digital gauge? My dial gauge is tough to see as the tube valves are on the bottom just above the floor.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
It's an NRS gauge I got from NRS for about $30. Not sure if I can mention Amazon but I'm sure you could find it there too. You will have to also purchase an inexpensive adapter depending on the valve you have,or make your own as it's pretty simple. Go to the NRS site and check it out.

Last edited:

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks, but I have a Bravo gauge that locks on my valves. I always have to lock it on the valve and walk to the other side to see it. Don't see any way I can just push one on and read it like a conventional air gauge

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Here's a couple of pics of the digital gauge with the valve adapter installed. You can see it's just some tubing with the correct end piece for my valve. I'm not sure which valve the gauge is made for but you can find out on the NRS site.

Attachments

• photo214830.jpg
    photo214830.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo214831.jpg
    photo214831.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 0

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey, I gotta extra one of those adaptor when I made up a filler for my pancake compressor, clear tubing! That'll work. Thanks Alan.
Oh, it looks like that gauge is a bugger to zero out. Is it?

BoatFisho

Petty Officer 1st Class
That digital gauage looks awesome. Even cooler if it was inline with the pump :)

Im just getting the bravo gauage. the manual says something about how to guess pressure but id rather keep it operating at 2.9-3 psi.

is that Bravo gauge pretty gimicky, it doesnt look like it raises in tenths just in single PSI figures.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
That digital gauage looks awesome. Even cooler if it was inline with the pump :)

Im just getting the bravo gauage. the manual says something about how to guess pressure but id rather keep it operating at 2.9-3 psi.

is that Bravo gauge pretty gimicky, it doesnt look like it raises in tenths just in single PSI figures.
Yeah I'm lucky that Saturn has chart with both bar and psi. The bar is easy to read and is calculated in even .5 steps and psi is in hard to read tenths.

BoatFisho

Petty Officer 1st Class
i guess 1 is 1 and 3 is 3, but having finer accurate gauge would be handy for me :)