Your Sib/Rib Portable check list when going on the water

G

This is my checklist as of end of 2014
pfd's Wearables, repair kit, hand pump, raincoat (packaged) spark plugs with removal tool, food, water, dry section for cellphones and wallet, whistle (mandatory), Radio (did not take with me last 2 trips), rods, Tackle box, bucket

volkeith

Seaman Apprentice
Spark plug (1 cylinder) ??????
seriously why would I need spark plugs?
I would need a wrench too right?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
A spark plug can be oil fouled, could overheat, short or fail any time without any previous warrning. You wouldn't like being sea strannded while drifting on your way to the Bermuda Triangle for not carrying a spare plug and wrench. As the saying goes : it's better to have it and don't need it, than...you know the rest.

Happy Boating

volkeith

Seaman Apprentice
jeez louise

The is in charge without question will at sea be Captain correct?

anything less could be treason?

G

jeez louise

The is in charge without question will at sea be Captain correct?

anything less could be treason?
are you really comparing Sea and land? if you don't plan on carrying spark plugs get a subscription to Seatow.

volkeith

Seaman Apprentice
are you really comparing Sea and land? if you don't plan on carrying spark plugs get a subscription to Seatow.

sea tow is like kinda like sea rider???
lol
happy days i got me a fooking boat!!!!!!!!!!!

it fits in my prius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

show us some pictures!! we want to see :) Sea tow is like a tow truck but for water

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Carying a extra spark plug and wrench doesn't take much space, personally would preffer one million times to be stranded at land than at sea, why put your life and others lives in jeopardy when a standard plug is only $ 2.99 + wrench cost if you happen not to count with one. Once you get hooked to boating will love your water combo, no doubt about that.

tnq5546

Cadet
I have an older 7.gamefisher 2 stroke that I used for years in freshwater lakes. Since I only had a 1.5 gallon fuel tank, my fuel mixture was not always accurate. I would go out and on occasions fouled the plug. Quickest fix, change the plug.