Can't read my data plate on Mercury inflatable.

lakemac

Cadet
I need to read my data plate on my Mercury inflatable to be able to order a new inflatable floor but it is corroded to the point where it is hard to read.
Is there a way to bring back the numbers under the corrosion on the aluminium plate?
Cheers in advance,
Greg.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
How about posting a nice pic to check its size...

Happy Boating

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
All that is needed is the boat serial number. You can get that off of your boat title or you can try rubbing chalk onto the serial number plate on the outside of the boat.

volkeith

Seaman Apprentice
Where can you order a new floor for the Mercurys?
I just bought one and I would like to know. thanks

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Try Mercury Marine or a Mercury dealer, BTW air floos are not that cheap as one would think. See if available a alum floor set instead for that model sib. Alu floors performs much better that air floors,

Happy Boating

Last edited:

volkeith

Seaman Apprentice
Try Mercury Marine or a Mercury dealer, BTW air floos are not that cheap as one would think. See if available a alum floor set instead for that model sib. Alu floors performs much better that air floors,

Happy Boating

I know now thanks to you guys lol
I got it for $586 new with 5 year Mercury warranty.

Couldnt pass it up...

volkeith

Seaman Apprentice
You must have gotten a dinghy model. I was referring to a high pressure air deck. :)

no I promise i really did I got a brand new Mercury 340 high pressure air deck boat from a m a z o n for $586

came in a box with a pump oars and warranty card and everything

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Let's hope he likes riding on air deck floor sibs which has pressure issues if not looked after while boating. Re inflate tubes, keel and air deck to it's max recommended working pressure when resting on water after several minutes as to give time for pressure to stabilize inside them. Sib will ride more efficiently and you'll be happier...

Happy Boating

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
I always set mine to the max setting pressure and never found them below the recommended pressures after in the water a while. Still I carry a pump and gauge. That said I would like one of those new foldable RIBs if I could afford it. If I knew I was going to keep mine inflated so long I wouldn't have passed by some of those with an aluminum floor. Air floor is nice and comfy but I could attach what ever doo-dads I wanted to a solid floor.