mini cat safety question

volkeith

Seaman Apprentice
If a mini cat looses it's inflatable floor pressure what happens with the tubes when a load is exerted on the flat floor? Is this the boat still controllable under power at that point?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Are minicats one piece or two piece floors, that's having a floor fabric under inflatable floor ? In both cases you should still be able to get to Terra Firme. Assume inflatable floor doesn't touch or ride over water, right ? If so, not an issue being completely deflated or under inflated. Just ballance well on deck whatever you're carrying.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

Igyjastabay

Seaman
Hello, i own a 10 foot mini cat. The floors are two piece. Inflatable over pvc liner. I have experimented for the past few weeks that i have owned the boat, i did deflated the air floor to a out 30%. It did fine, just real bumpy on the feet. I also deflated the the port side bow tube almost all the way. I could still do 15 to 16 mph fairly safely while my friend was was lifting the deflated bow tube verticle. The cat flies with 8-9.9 hp and handles much different than a normal sib so be careful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 0