Cat or mono hulled rib/inflatable?

realdeal1003

Recruit
Hi Guys. I was looking at the Caesar 13 foot Surfcat online. I like that it is capable of 50 mph. I am wondering how comfortable the ride would be at cruising speed being it is a non hard bottom cat versus a hard bottom mono hull rib? Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this subject? Louie

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Those cats need to be fully inflated to its factory recommended working pressure in order to perform as expected, should perform well on flat no wind waters, but will give a bumpy ride if tubes bumps against hard chop. Personally would go for a nice rib and a + 50 HP engine, tiller driven or center console.

Happy Boating

realdeal1003

Recruit
Thank you Sea Rider. From a bumpy ride perspective, would you know how much difference there is between the two? Louie

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Hard to say, on a cat both tubes touches water, on a rib depending on its hull depth will have tubes touching water along hull or tubes out of water. A cat and a rib are completely different water animals as opposed to a sib/ rib.

Bear in mind that all chops are not same, inflatables will bump accordingly, The worst are the ones having wavy disordered conditions going at different directions, usually associated with wind and currents. On that mean type throttle easy or you could go ending direct to the chiropractic.

Anyway. the nicest boating is done on flat calm, no wind water cond and if with sun, much better. If possible test any cat prior buying to get the feel about them.

Happy Boating