Inflatable Folding RIB, not just transom

crazylot

Cadet
So I just been looking at some Folding ribs. like they fold in 3 parts. Its very interesting I was wondering if anyone knew about it. You get with rigidity of a RIB with the storage of a inflatable floor. There is the WINBOAT which is in the price range of 3k, But west marine sells the same type with Zodiac brand for 2k.

Anyone been on these? is the floor solid on chop? There is a good video on youtube of it running on a lake

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Those are relatively new water toys, if both parallel to transom supports as shown locks in nicely between them should have a pleasent ride provided that tubes are fully inflated to its working pressure to achieve lateral deck rigidity along. Rib will cut water nicely, but won't save you from a bumpy ride when encountering choppy sea conditions, the hull will always smash against chop.

Happy Boating

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wow, that's neat. Like the adjustable seats. Saturn has a real bad placement for me. Wish I would have known about these.

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I talked to the East Coast distributed of the Winboats and decided against it because service was an issue.
I have been looking at the Zodiac with folding transom.
I didn't get the WM version because it only had 2 air chambers and the CG says I have to have 3 to get there rating.