Everyone hibernating?

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not much going on in the forum. Y'all done until next spring? Headed to AZ in four weeks. Bought the boat just for that reason. My boating season will begin. Will get to see how the rig runs at 400'. Gotta better than at a mile high.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
I was thinking same, lucky us our pre summer sunny season is just starting, although you can boat down here all year long. At 400 ft your combo performance should improve quite a bit.

Happy Boating

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I'm still around.... Although, I have to confess that I have bought a small 12' fiberglass boat and a larger 14' aluminum. I still have the Saturn mini cat but will probably sell it next spring. The lugging, inflating, cleaning, and deflating is just too much for me, it's no longer enjoyable when it's that much work before and after. I am painting the fiberglass as we speak and replacing the transom and working on the 25hp motor over the winter on the aluminum. My 14 HP I had on my cat works fantastic on the fiberglass

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hard boatwould Be great, but I can throw the Saturn and motor in the bed of my pickup, hook up the fifth wheel and I'm on my way. Got tired of double towing my stuff.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Counting with a hard deck, sib or rib will depend entirely on your boating needs, what suits you well and feel comfortable with. That's why will keep the best of both worlds, a 320 alu floor sib to take along when going boating to other locations, perfect water transport for 2 and a 450 rib for everyday use at a boating club.

Towing a large 450 rib would be a nightmere specially if you need to launch and retrieve from a beach that has no built launching facilities. Piece of cake with a 320 sib.

Happy Boating

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yep, in a perfect world we need about two of everything. Ever try to trail ride on a Harley Fatboy? LOL

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

I'm busy putting a new trailer together then I have lots of new things planned for the boat in preparation for next years boating season. I also have a couple of maintenance items to do like rebuilding the carb,new impeller and housing.

Attachments

• photo202649.jpg
    photo202649.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 0
G

Hey Mrdrh...i am planning to upgrade to hard bottom boat real soon The F-RIB AKA winboat. That boat is bad arse you all need to watch some performance videos on youtube. If Iboats got that boat at a reasonable price then I would be very interested in purchasing one here