Avon Rover 310 Air Floor

boatnerd

Cadet
Can anyone who is familiar with this boat or has one please advise me on how the inflatable keel was originally attached to the floor of the boat? Was it glued in, attached via velcro or simply kept in place by the air floor above?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Keels are generally glued onto floor fabric, does you keel have 1-2 tabs under keel ?

Happy Boating

boatnerd

Cadet
This one has no tabs, as I got it had heavy duty velcro on it that lined up with reinforced spots on the floor. No sign of any glue.

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
It is going to depend on how old it is.
The Zodiac inspired ones are designed so that the floor rest over the keel and they are connect by a single HP airline

boatnerd

Cadet
Looks like this keel may have replaced the original at some point and was attached with heavy velcro instead of glue. I put in some new velcro and it works just fine. I purchased a 5hp Nissan two-stroke motor for this boat and on plane it will travel at just under 30km/h GPS speed.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Was thinking same, PO did so. Just center keel air valve in middle of wooden bow floor hole and inflate to min 3.0 PSI along tubes for a nice water ride.

Happy Boating