Zodiac Zoom 310 inflation

thunderfog

Recruit
Hi all. New Zoom 310 owner here. Not new to inflatables but this is my first Zodiac after being out of the boating game for about 10 years.

Anyways, after some searching, I've seen the valves don't get much love on the Zooms. I'm having difficulty with losing some air from the time I remove the hose from the pump to the time I can get the cap on the valve. This is especially true for the keel. I can't keep that inflated at all.

Am I missing something here in the process, or do I just have to practice my game and get quick going from the hose to the cap?

Thanks everyone!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

If those air valves are the diaphragm type, that's the spirit of them, will always lose air, that's why have a tight cap on them. Used to have a OMC 305 made by Zodiac and had same issue. Weimed and others will enlighten you about this small flaw compared to other type of air valves.

Remove upper valve, check that diaphragm is completely clean under, any debris and will lose more air. Diaphragm must lie completely flat onto upper valve seat.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

thunderfog

Recruit
Are there any modifications that can be made? Better yet, can they be swapped out for higher quality?

Last edited:

stilesp

Seaman Apprentice
Are you sure you just don't have them locked open? I have a 350s and I'd bet I could leave my caps off all day and not lose any air. Push the pin in and turn it a little it should seal up.

thunderfog

Recruit
stilesp- I'll take a look at that when I get home. Sounds like that is what I'm missing (truth be told, I've misplaced the manual. Not sure if that info is in there or not. It's not lost per se, just somewhere hiding). Hope this is it! Thanks for the help!

G

i own the 350s and so far no problems with the valves(knock on wood). one time it wouldnt lock in until i blew a little bit of sand out of it then it worked like new. Enjoy your boat and buy some stabond you will need it trust me lol. Almost 2 full seasons in and so far had "boat loads of fun"

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class
@ weimed... you've gotten your money worth and then some... You beat that boat like a red headed step child... that keeps coming back for more! good stuff for sure!!