Show us your highlights for this year

G

So as this season is coming to an end we would like to see some highlights of what you all did this season. From fish to crazy mods. Doesn't matter if you are running a seahawk, mariner, sib or rib. I will start off with my favorite day so far of the year with 19 bluefish caught on one boat with Sinister. We also caught about 60 porgies aka scup fish. quick vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGCMeQ-jM10&list=UU_l9ZqaJ8rQ3szsHiga-4WQ

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class
We did not catch a single fish, but my closest friend and I went exploring a river system he found and spent the day together. We met when this 18 year old kid came to work in our department many years ago and we became friends. If I have a problem, one call and he is there to help, but we get far too little chances to spend time together. When I went down with a heart attack, he came to see me after telling the nurses that he was my son even though their papers only listed two daughters :) (Three guys claiming to be sons really helped me through the event.)

His children were raised with me being Uncle Frank to them, and his parents considered me part of the family through thick and thin.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
lost a wheel on the way home

and we don't fish much (yet) and wife is just starting

G

@Joe. Lmao i think unanimously you win. Ill take your 2 fish over my 19 lol. Then again sinister might have something up his sleeve @Fbpooler, you were blessed with good friends. Hopefully we all can be blessed the same "through the thick and the thin"

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class
This is small site, but I follow it often, as one thing stands out. Whether one is an old salt or a newby, everyone is always trying to be helpful to others. That is the best way to live. You guys in the northeast who tend to band together and boat are of special interest, as you take your love of the sport and share it with others. Life long friendships follow for people with similar interests.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
This is small site, but I follow it often, as one thing stands out. Whether one is an old salt or a newby, everyone is always trying to be helpful to others. That is the best way to live. You guys in the northeast who tend to band together and boat are of special interest, as you take your love of the sport and share it with others. Life long friendships follow for people with similar interests.

I started with forums on THT in 2005, then clubsearay (when I bought a searay) then BOC (when I bought another bayliner) then one that is REALLY small but very tight group of folks.

I am lucky to travel quite a bit for work, plus have family in West Coast. I've met, and we've had to our home, about 30 people I would have never met otherwise. In fact we've gotten to be close friends with several - going to (unfortunately) a funeral of one in a few weeks - several of us are flying in (endoman for anyone on THT)

I'm in the NE the good part of the rest of September and have two folks lined up to spend time with, one of which I have not met yet. Plan is to get on the boat for the day. Was there about a month ago and met an 'old friend' of about five years for the first time. Just got back from the Seattle area and met up with a 'friend' of 6 years for a great dinner and fun. Got to meet the grandkid as well.

It really is good to be on forums and make friends. My life is better for it. If you haven't tried it you should.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
@Joe. Lmao i think unanimously you win. Ill take your 2 fish over my 19 lol. Then again sinister might have something up his sleeve @Fbpooler, you were blessed with good friends. Hopefully we all can be blessed the same "through the thick and the thin"

Yeah she fishes in 'style'. Wouldn't have it any other way.

:lol:

Fbpooler - speaks as much to to the kids as to you. Someone is doing something right. Good people attract good people.

G

@joe funny, i will be heading to seattle (redmond) for work around oct 8th.

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class
My highlights for 2014 start back in 2013... it was meeting, fishing with and becoming friends with ours truly... Weimed. it is infrequent that we meet and get the opportunity to share our passions with another person of similar interests... it is rarer still to have that person truly be one of the good ones... Weimed... you are one of the good ones and my life (and my boating/ fishing) is better for having you in it. just knowing that there are still kind spirits like you in the world makes the place nicer everyday. I am glad to have made your acquaintance... gladder still to call you my friend!

G

My highlights for 2014 start back in 2013... it was meeting, fishing with and becoming friends with ours truly... Weimed. it is infrequent that we meet and get the opportunity to share our passions with another person of similar interests... it is rarer still to have that person truly be one of the good ones... Weimed... you are one of the good ones and my life (and my boating/ fishing) is better for having you in it. just knowing that there are still kind spirits like you in the world makes the place nicer everyday. I am glad to have made your acquaintance... gladder still to call you my friend!

ditto. Thank you for showing me the ropes. I would probably be catching seaweed from the pier if it wasn't for you

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wife took a part time job that amounted to six days a week. Didn't go anywhere this summer, but our winter will be almost four months in AZ and Thats when the games begin!

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class
@ Weimed. You don't give yourself enough credit you are a very fast study and you have natural intuition. Add to that your own natural desire to excel (some may see as competitive, lol) and you would have figured all those things out sooner than later. That said... to the extent I have shown you any ropes. I am glad to have helped you on your way to being a master fisherman. You have also become quite the boatsman.. you are getting much better at handling your rig... I no longer find myself grimacing at the thought of impending impact between our boats... or your boat and some stationary object... lol (had to get a zinger in there somewhere. lol). It is my hope that early Fall will bring us linesiders aplenty... and ammunition to fuel this thread!!

BTW, I am typing this from my home away from home.... work :(... but it should be the last weekend for a good long while... I hope!

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I need some help with picture posting. I need a site to upload the pictures of the Fort Mchenry Celebration. The site has to work with the I boats forum. The pictures are of many boats both war ships and tall ships. I can't figure out a way to post them. Anybody have any ideas

Last edited:
G

I need some help with picture posting. I need a site to upload the pictures of the Fort Mchenry Celebration. The site has to work with the I boats forum. The pictures are of many boats both war ships and tall ships. I can't figure out a way to post them. Anybody have any ideas

Ronald, This site is on my last nerve. The only reason i have not dropped this site completely is because you and some other guys on here. from multiple times a day to once every 3 days. As soon as you guys come over to Noreast.com i will completely put it on my block list. Not only i will not visit anymore but i will never buy anything from the site again. they can keep their lousy 5% back. FYI i bought my boat from iboats.

Last edited:

flukesofnature

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

I want to say that the highlight of 2014 was a 24 inch rainbow trout caught while light trolling in my mariner 3 in a lake called Taklakh just under the watchful and very close eye of Mt Adams in Washington on a perfect day.Yes I did!( the links in the chain in the below pics are 1 and 1/2 inch long)
But more so than that has been the participation in the forum( mariner 4 modification threads). It is amazing that a thought from Desode( original post) on making a floor for what amounts to a raft.. (a great raft..but still.) turned into 1500 posts. It is amazing what free thought and imagination will produce if given good ground to grow in. The posts are that and more...some kooky ideas that did or didn't work so well, but an amazing amount of creative energy passed from person to person,all in a non criticizing ,good spirited nature.

Attachments

• photo204416.jpg
    photo204416.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo204432.jpg
    photo204432.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 0
  • photo211497.jpg
    photo211497.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Brian B.

Seaman Apprentice
Big bass for the season anyway.

Cant wait for spring, both boats will be freshly re-rigged.. Plus under gas power via Hyfong 6hp.

(My waters close Oct 28 for hunting)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0